Flavour's Biography, Albums, Songs & Videos, Awards & Lifestyle
Popularly known as Flavour N'abania, well-known for his ability to sing fluently in the Igbo language, was born in Enugu State, Nigeria on the 23rd of November 1983. His family is originally from Umunze in Orumba South LGA, Anambra State, Nigeria.
Birth Name: Chinedu Okoli
Born: November 23
He is currently signed to 2nite Entertainment Music Label and in 2010, released his second album, Uplifted which contains some of his biggest hits including the popular track Nwa Baby (Ashawo).
In 2005, he released his self-titled debut album N'abania. In 2010, Flavour released his second studio album Uplifted. It was supported by the singles "Nwa Baby (Ashawo Remix)", "Adamma", and "Oyi Remix". The album's success made Flavour one of Africa's most sought out artists. Flavour was booked to perform at numerous concerts and social events following Uplifted's release.
Blessed was released on 18 October 2012 through 2nite Entertainment. The album is the successor to Uplifted. It is arguably Flavour's biggest album to date due to the number of producers that worked on it. It was launched on the same day of Flavour's 2nite Club grand opening.
How it all began
At the age of 19, Flavour emerged unto Nigeria's musical scene as a drummer and pianist for a local Enugu band. After learning to play the drums professionally, Flavour received an offer to perform at City Centre, Enugu. The massive crowd at City Centre inspired him to gain new grounds and reach great heights. Flavour's educational background in music enabled him to learn music production from Dekumzy, Isi Charles, and Nnachie.
- N’abania – 2005
- Uplifted – 2010
- Blessed -2012
- Thankful – 2014
- Ijele (The Traveller) – 2017
In 2005, Flavour released his debut album N'abania through Obaino Music. The album's success was relative and limited to Eastern Nigeria, particularly Enugu State. Flavour collaborated with Mr Raw on the album's lead single titled "N'abania". The song was recorded at Kingsley Ogoro's studio in Lagos, Nigeria.
Following the relative success of his debut album, Flavour released Uplifted in 2010. While working on the album, Flavour believed the album would surpass his previous works. Flavour's projection came true when the album broke national barriers. Lolhiphop Records, an established record label in South Africa, released the album after popular demand. The album's top singles include "Nwa Baby (Ashawo Remix)", "Adamma", and "Oyi Remix" featuring Tiwa Savage.
Blessed was released on 18 October 2012 through 2nite Entertainment and iROCKING LTD. The album is the successor to Uplifted. It is arguably Flavour's biggest album to date due to the number of producers that worked on it. It was launched on the same day of Flavour's 2nite Club grand opening. In an interview with iROKTV, Flavour said:
I think I'm growing. This is my third album... Now it's time to give them the music, like define myself. I have to be more mature with my music, lyrics, and instrumentation wise. I worked with tons of producers and the whole production process made sense.
Thankful was released in December 2014. With 22 tracks and running for one hour, seventeen minutes, Thankful features hit tracks such as "Ololufe" featuring Chidinma, Flavour tries his hand on a mellow love duet. Potentially, ia, Wakeup call feat. Wande Coal, The slow and breezy "Wiser" featuring Phyno and M.I, Golibe is the Igbo love ballad.
Flavour is the first son of a large family consisting of four siblings and seven step-siblings. Flavour currently dwells in Lagos, Nigeria. Flavour's family wasn't very fond of his musical ambitions; they often dismissed it as a pipe dream. His mother, in particular, believed that his musical ambitions wouldn't amount to anything. He has a daughter with Sandra Okagbue named Gabrielle and another with Ex-beauty queen and actress Anna Ebiere Banner named Sophia.
Chinedu Okoli Foundation
The Chinedu Okoli Foundation was established in Lagos, Nigeria, by Flavour in 2010, with the aim to establish a platform for young people to experience the impact of music through education and empowerment.
Through the Chinedu Okoli Foundation, Flavour is fulfilling his passion to reach out to the poor and needy, while making the world a better place.
As a United Nations Peace Ambassador, Flavour has been serving individuals and families living in poverty in Nigeria, Liberia, and other parts of Africa since 2010.
Flavour is currently one of the brand ambassadors for Globacom, Life Beer, Flat Tummy Tea, and Bullet Energy drink.
- Channel O Music Video Awards nominated his video, Nwa Baby (Ashawo Remix) for the Most Gifted African West Video in 2012.
- Nominated at the Nigeria Entertainment Awards for the Best Indigenous Artist/Group in 2013.
- Ghana Music Awards nominated him for the award of the African Artiste of the Year in 2013.
- City People Entertainment Awards nominated him as the Musician of the Year (Male) in 2013.
- The Headies nominated Blessed as the Album of the Year in 2013.
- Nominated for the Best R&B/Pop Album at the Headies in 2013.
- Channel O Music Video Awards nominated Ada Ada as the Most Gifted Afro Pop in 2014.
- Nominated at the Nigeria Entertainment Awards for the Indigenous Artist of the Year in 2014.
- Blessed was nominated as the Best Album of the Year at the Nigeria Entertainment Awards in 2014.
- Nigeria Entertainment Awards nominated Oh! Baby (You & I) by Chidinma featuring Flavour N’abania for Best Collaboration in 2014.
- Nominated at the African Muzik Magazine Awards for the Best Male West Africa in 2014.
- Nominated at the Ghana Music Awards for the Artiste of the Year in 2014.
Flavour's Awards & Recognitions
- Nigeria Entertainment Awards honoured him as the Best Indigenous Artist/Group in 2012.
- Best High Life Video at the Nigeria Music Video Awards (NMVA) in 2013.
- Video of the Year at the Nigeria Music Video Awards (NMVA) in 2013.
- Best Indigenous Concept at the Nigeria Music Video Awards (NMVA) in 2013.
- Ada Ada won the category for the Best use of costumes at the Nigeria Music Video Awards (NMVA) in 2013.
- Best Collabo of the Year at the City People Entertainment Awards in 2013.
- Best Traditional Artist at the African Muzik Magazine Awards in 2014.
- Ada Ada won the Best Video of the Year at the African Muzik Magazine Awards in 2014.
- Ada Ada won the Video of the Year Award at City People Entertainment Awards in 2014.
- MTV Africa Music Awards honoured him with the Best Live Act in 2014.
SOURCE: Entrepreneurs NG
Now that you've read Flavour's Biography, List of Albums, Songs & Videos, Awards & Lifestyle, Get more Flavour's updates on Twitter via @Notjustok - Turn on Notification
SEE ALSO: Tekno' Biography