Jadon Sancho responds to Erik Ten Hag's accusations
Manchester United's midfielder, Jadon Sancho has reacted to the statement made by Erik Ten Hag about the player's attitude in training.
The England International posted a statement on his official statement after the game against Arsenal at the Emirates Stadium on Sunday, September 3, 2023. Jadon Sancho said everything said against him was false but rather he has given his best during training.
"Please don't believe everything you read! I will not allow people saying things that is completely untrue. I have conducted myself in training very well this week. I believe there are other reasons for this matter that I won't go into, I have been a scapegoat for a long time which isn't fair. All I want to do is play football with a smile on my face and contribute to my team. I respect all decisions that are made by the coaching staff, I play with fantastic players and grateful to do so which I know every week is a challenge. I will continue to fight for this badge no matter what!."
Erik Ten Hag had earlier revealed that he had been left unhappy with the winger following his performance since he joined the club. He insisted that Sancho had fallen below the level expected of United players.
"Jadon, on his performance in training, was not selected. You have to reach a level at Manchester United every day and we can make choices in the front line. So for this game, he was not selected."
The midfielder was left out of the game against Arsenal, the Dutchman decided to pick Antony ahead of the Englishman, with Alejandro Garnacho coming off the bench to replace the Brazilian.