Antony's ex-girlfriend brings out new evidence of assault against the Brazilian
The ex-girlfriend of Manchester United's midfielder, Antony has released new evidence concerning how the player assaulted her when she was pregnant.
Gabriela Cavallin confirmed in an interview which was released in a Brazilian website UOL published on Monday, September 4, 2023. The new evidence includes photographs and screenshots of messages where she claimed that the Brazilian attacked her on various occasions between June 2022 and May 2023.
In a statement which was released by B24 on X which was formerly known as Twitter.
"He said that if I didn’t stay with him, I wouldn’t stay with anyone. That I was pregnant with his child. Either I would stay with him or I, he and our son would die. I told him I was pregnant, that he was scaring me, making my heart race. I was shaking with fear.”
Cavallin released a police complaint against Antony in Sao Paulo, Brazil, in June 2023. According to report, she has also filed a complaint against the player to Greater Manchester Police.
Antony had earlier responded to the accusation on his Instagram account in June 2023.
"After submitting my statement at the police station where investigation involving my name is being conducted, I wanted to speak for the first time since I was falsely accused of assault. I stayed silent until the moment so that nothing could interfere with the investigation process, but during all those days my family and I suffered in silence. Despite being born and raised in a very needy community, I had never been through a situation similar to this, in which a false assault charge resulted in a preliminary and unfair public judgment on the part of some."