Top Talent: A Trybe Records Initiative

eLDee recently announced an initiative created by Trybe Records called "Top Talent". It is a platform for unsigned Nigerian artists of all genres that allows for them to showcase their talent and possibly get a record deal. The contest requires unsigned talent to enter an mp3 song for free by sending an email with their song attached. eLDee and his team of A&Rs will then listen to all entries and select the top 10. The top 10 entries will be posted on a website for free online voting by the general public. The Top Talent based on online votes will automatically get featured on eLDee's upcoming "Is it your money Vol.2" album including a possible music recording deal offer from Trybe Records.

OPPORTUNITY FOR UNSIGNED NIGERIAN ARTISTS:

To enter:

* Pls send ONE mp3 song (NO LINKS) to: Trybeproductions@gmail.com You MUST be the owner of the song or recording to enter the competition. Deadline for entries is April 22, 2011 at 2:00am EST.

* All songs will go thru a pre-screening process by internal team and the best 10 songs will be posted online. Links for listening and voting will be provided at (https://www.facebook.com/eLDeeMusic?sk=app_125898177458513) on April 25, 2011.

* General public will listen and vote online to narrow down to the best 3 artists.Top 3 get scrutinized further by internal team. Top 3 songs with the highest number of online votes selected on May 6, 2011

* and Winner announced May 13, 2011.

Your entry will be disqualified if;

* You send more than ONE song

* You send in a collaboration song (It is difficult to tell who is who)

* You send in a song which you do not own the copyright to (It is ok to do a cover song, but you must be the artist who did the performance on the recording)

IMPORTANT:

* By sending your song to trybeproductions@gmail.com, you agree that your song may be published online for streaming and voting by the general public.

Top Talent on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/eLDeeMusic?sk=app_125898177458513

Notify of
guest
17 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
CEO-Black attitude m
9 years ago

This is a good step at the right direction.I am the ceo of the black attitude music management of upcoming artist.I have artist like Dominate,DA MC and they are just what you need.I would be sending you their song and would be really euthusiastic in working with you.Best regards.

Smart D
Smart D
9 years ago

bigs up trybe record. Am smart d by name am danchall, chaqt chart arstist. I am dissapointed that i can not be part of the contestant because my song happen to be a collaboration. But you guys have to do something

Okeke Chid
Okeke Chid
9 years ago

Yeah its really a good idea but ve neva recorded my song on a disc in a studio but am gonna send the one I did with my phone hope it will count,I play the guitar and really Eldee you are a matured man and I know u will judge right.Also have got songs to give oout even if my voice wont be heard may I hear my song and leave eith its profit.

oludare baloye
oludare baloye
9 years ago

eldee this is your boy from Orlando, fl. I was just thinking this morning that it will be cool if you can put this up as a show on a tv man. Talent show, film it and get some sponsor man it will be a hit , you can be Nigeria simon cowell lol. with other 2 judges man i can wait for this bro , you are a smart guy and i am a film student .

Rex prince
Rex prince
9 years ago

I'm Rex prince,19yrs. Tanx 2 God,its anoda oppotunity, wit gr8 potentials in me,i knw am heading 2 d topgame.ma dream is 2 do u proud.

@princeadiks
9 years ago

i'm d ceo of soundstormwaves, all d 8 songs done by my act BK are mixtapes, i hope u like d one i send but i must tell u, this dude is just so so dope, a prodigy. anyways u shall judge dat ur self

ziggy
9 years ago

thus is good and it is another opportunity for upcoming artist like me to promote my self......thinks so much......

precious
precious
9 years ago

hmmmmmmmmmmmm short of words....ELDEE u re d man

olapumpee1
olapumpee1
9 years ago

This is great, lovin it, Babraaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!

stb
stb
9 years ago

Am an artist but my music was not going so i dont really know what to do now pls

Slane Da Rap Tame
Slane Da Rap Tame
9 years ago

This is exactly what it should be. Kudos to Da DON (elDEE) & all those who participate in this vision ( Trybe Records). It's worth the effort, i tell ya.

C.E.O codered music
C.E.O codered music
9 years ago

VIVA!!!! where are you!!!

ziggy
9 years ago

thinks bro i have sent my song to the mail u posted i just hope u will like my style......cos u sed only one track.....i no u love R&B dats why i sent my R&B singles.........but i still got lots more songs and i no u will feel it.......its in me.............pick ......

ziggy
9 years ago

i have started praying to God........so dat i can be picked cos no one be-leaves in me .........but all wot my parent wont is for me to go to school but when u are doing something and u are happy abt it it mines its wot God has given u but is just for u to no how u are going to make use of it ..........I PRAY I WIN THIS COMPETITION ......SO THAT MY DREAMS CAN SOME TRUTH ......COS IF I DNT..... MY PARENTS WILL SAT THAT I HAVE FAILED AGAIN ........Dats why i am praying not to fail… Read more »

kelvin
kelvin
9 years ago

well done sir, having a good management is wat will need in d nigeria industry. well my names are Kelvin-King [a.k.a. KK Da King and i am from d south, WARRI. i really want 2 know wat it will take 2 work with you. i just did d first recording of one of my songs and I am ready 4 an Album. i will like 2 show d world wat DA KING is made UP. Realy i want 2 know better of Black Attitude. callmekkdaking@yahoo.com

Blaze4dem
9 years ago

Thanks for this opportunity men... This is the kind of encouragement we need from you guys at the top. Its a step in the right direction... My only suggestion is that you guys should try and make it genre focused... it is not always the best putting rap artists, r&b, raga and pop in the same category. I am a rap artist and i know rap is more energetic than most other songs therefore in most cases puts me at certain point of advantage or disadvantage depending on the audience listening to it. In most cased people who are tech… Read more »

Lacash
Lacash
9 years ago

do justice, no bias, big ups