Shocking records Man United set with their exit from the 2023/2024 Champions League
Here are unbelievable stats and records Man United set with their abysmal 2023/2024 Champions League campaign.
Following their exit from all UEFA competitions on Tuesday, December 12, 2023, Man United with the entirety of their campaign would regard the 2023/2024 Champions League season as one that must be forgotten based on the stats and records set by the club with the campaign.
Here are records set by the Red Devils so far in the 2023/2024 season:
- Manchester United conceded 15 goals in the group stages of the Champions League. They became the first Premier League team to concede that number of goals in the group stages of the competition
- Man United also became the first club to finish bottom in the group stages of the Champions League twice after previously doing so in 2005/2006.
- Man United recorded only one shot on target in the fixture against Bayern Munich and the shot came from Luke Shaw in the 23rd minute of the game.
- The Red Devils also recorded their first out of only ten touches taken in Bayern's penalty box in the 48th minute of the game.
- Their defeat against Bayern also extended their record of losing two home games in the Champions League as it became the second time in Man United's history for such a thing to happen, the first time was in the 1996/1997 season.