Peng Shuai Reaffirms Sexual Assault Denial | Read
Former Doubles World Number One, Peng Shuai has confirmed that she never accused anyone in the Chinese government of sexually harassing her.
READ ALSO: AFCON2021: SENEGAL ARE CHAMPIONS OF AFRICA
Peng confirmed this latest news in an interview which was conducted by French media outlet L'Equipe on Monday, February 7th, 2022. According to the interview, the tennis player said her post was taken out of context.
I never said anyone assaulted me in any way. There was a huge misunderstanding in the outside world following the post. I don't want the meaning of this post to be twisted anymore. And I don't want any further media hype around it.
She also spoke about her sideen disappearance when raised eyebrows from people around the world.
It's just that many people like my friends or people from the IOC messaged me and it was simply impossible to answer so many messgaes
Most Tennis stars around the world like Serena Williams, Naomi Osaka and Novak Djokovic lent their voices towards the case when it broke out last year. The United Nations and the White House also showed interest in Peng's case.