Chelsea Confirm the Departure of Marina Granovskaia, Appoints New Board Members | SEE LIST
The announcement was made on the official website of Chelsea on Wednesday, June 22nd, 2022. According to reports from the club, new owner Todd Boehly will act as the club's interim sporting director until a full-time replacement is announced.
Todd Boehly was named the chairman of Chelsea with immediate effect. He said in a statement confirmed that the new board will do everything within its power to show support to Thomas Tuchel an Emma Hayes aas they look forward to build ana amazing team.
As custodians of Chelsea FC, we now begin executing our long-term vision and plan for the Club, creating an outstanding experience for its passionate, loyal fans, and continuing to challenge for top honours in line with Chelsea FC’s decorated history, co-controlling owner of Chelsea FC, and chairman and CEO of Eldridge. Working together, side-by-side, we are firmly committed to winning, both on and off the pitch. For us, that effort has begun.
Boehly also said in a statement as he showed appreciation to Granovskaia for all the work she has done for the club during her time as the club's sporting director.
We thank Marina for her many years of excellent service to the Club and wish her all the best in her future ventures.
She has agreed to remain with the club to show support during the current transfer window as they look to sign players to help build the team.
Chelsea's New Board Members include;
• Behdad Eghbali and José E. Feliciano, co-controlling owners of Chelsea FC, and co-founders and managing partners of Clearlake Capital
• Mark Walter, co-owner of Chelsea FC, co-founder and CEO of Guggenheim Partners, owner of Los Angeles Dodgers, Los Angeles Lakers, and Los Angeles Sparks
• Hansjörg Wyss, co-owner of Chelsea FC, founder of the Wyss Foundation
• Jonathan Goldstein, co-owner of Chelsea FC, co-founder and CEO of Cain International
• Barbara Charone, director and co-founder of MBC PR
• Lord Daniel Finkelstein OBE, columnist and former executive editor of The Times
• James Pade, partner and managing director of Clearlake Capital