VerseOne Switch is designed to empower artists, and independent labels and to provide additional capital to fund their creative geniuses.
We recognize that there are so many distributors out there and we know how difficult it might be to choose a distributor that is just right for you. A music distributor who cares about your craft, a music distributor that provides prompt customer support, a music distributor who understands how much work you put into recording, mixing, and mastering your track and is willing to support you with additional services.
- If you are NOT satisfied with your distributor and you want more, then VerseOne is for you.
- If your distributor doesn’t provide prompt customer support, VerseOne is for you.
- If your distributor doesn’t provide sufficient playlist pitching to DSPs, join VerseOne Distribution.
- If your distributor makes monthly and yearly subscriptions or other arbitrary and sometimes hidden charges, Join VerseOne.
- If your distributor doesn’t provide additional promotional services, join VerseOne Distribution.
- If your distributor doesn’t expose you to new markets, in China, Asia and other new territories, join VerseOne Distribution.
What does this mean for you?
- VerseOne isn’t buying your catalog.
- You won’t lose streams or earnings during the catalog migration process.
- You still own your copyrights and retain full control of your releases.
- You will have additional capital during the term of the advance to tour, promote you release locally, buy new equipment etc.
- If you are not satisfied with our services, you can terminate the distribution contract.
- The advance is just what it is, a financial advance paid out to content owners which will be recouped from your earned monthly royalties.
- You will provide us with your past royalty statement and we will analyze it and make a prediction of your future performance across all digital revenue streams including mechanical royalties, digital performance royalties, digital royalties, sync, publishing, and more.
- We do not interfere with your physical earnings (CD, cassette, vinyl), live performance, ticket sales or merch sales earnings. Those all belong to you.
- VerseOne Distribution will provide additional promotion and marketing for you and your music during the term of your agreement. Visit our Promotional Services page for more information.
This process has to be done accurately and smoothly so you don’t lose your stream counts, or playlists, here are a few points to note:
- The song titles, artist name and artwork need to be exactly identical
- Audio files need to be unchanged. Track length and format need to be unchanged.
- Release type needs to be the same as well (album, EP, single)
- You must use the original ISRC and UPC numbers (more on this in a moment)
- You must use the original release date
- You want to take down the previous release only AFTER the new one is live on the DSPs (Spotify, Apple Music, etc.). there may be an overlap for a few days and, that wouldn’t be a problem.
- After about 5 days after the new upload went online. During this time there shouldn’t be a song and album overlap as the system will recognize the album(s) being duplicate and only show them on your artist page once.
- on Spotify, check that track linking was successful. This is actually quite simple. Just go onto your artist page in the Spotify client and check if the album(s) are there twice. If they are it didn’t work. Please contact us at this point so we can get in touch with Spotify or other related DSP.
What is a royalty Advance?
A royalty advance, otherwise known as royalty financing, is an upfront payment paid up front on account of sums that become due to an artist, producer or royalty participant at a later date independent of a publisher or label paid under the terms of an agreement. To qualify for royalty advances, VerseOne Distribution will analyze your royalty statements and forecast attempt to predict how they will perform in the future. The sum of the advance is derived from that analysis. Royalty financing which isn’t dependent on copyrights ownership but is for a fixed dollar amount for a fixed period of time provides an excellent option for creatives to access cash quickly without losing their creative freedoms.