Kelly Hansome Arrested; Signs Undertaking To Mo'Hits Records

We've just received this from Mohits Records concerning the Kelly Hansome leak which was posted sometime last week (but was promptly deleted).

"Yesterday Monday 24th October 2011, at the Garki Police Command Headquarters of the Nigeria Police Force, one Kelechi Obinna Orji, also known as "kelly hansome" was brought in to the said Station and taken into custody and remanded on bail in the sum of eight hundred thousand Naira (N800,000.00) concerning, among other things, his admitted willful infringement of the intellectual property rights (copyright) of Mo'Hits Records Limited.

He signed an Undertaking and Apology in favour of the said Mo'Hits Records at about 4p.m., witnessed by several police officers (including Chief Superintendent Victor Erivwode, the Divisional Police Officer). A scan of the said Undertaking is attached to this email. He undertook to refrain from further use of Mo'Hits Recprds Limited's material, released or unreleased, and offered profuse apologies to Mo'Hits Records Limited. He also appeared to be convincingly remorseful to everyone at the Station, including the extremely distraught father of his equally embarrassed friend mr Rex in Abuja.

The Police Station was attended by the said kelly hansome and his advisers and counsel for his part, and by representatives and counsel for Mo'Hits Records Limited."

Kelly tweeted this an hour ago: "I do hereby order all online media outlets to desist 4rm further use of the song(feeling good by Tuface&Dbanj- Kelly Hansome remix).."

Kelly's FaceBook update...

Notify of
guest
155 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
@Chimmykid
9 years ago

Oya "Kelechukwu clap for yourself/ Well done"... Wetin happen na???

Fexy Chikezie Ife

wuts all ds na???

swagga runs
swagga runs
9 years ago

boi, im speechless. this is a next thing lol

@SamBorotA
9 years ago

lol tout things, stay humble bro hahaha

@unbeaten_49
9 years ago

I hope that is not your bank account signature, you as my maga just pay be that

KellyMohits
KellyMohits

Don Jazzy is my Iroko

Kinkster
Kinkster
Reply to  KellyMohits

ROTFLMAO!!!!!

wizkid
wizkid
9 years ago

So don jazzy has decided to shut this guy up with the cops! see levels, money dey speak oo. I hear he was even remorseful

kikiola
kikiola
9 years ago

I hope kelly was not maltreated by d police n ervy is calm now

Tosinadeda
Tosinadeda
9 years ago

Bullshit. . . Not needed at all. . I av lost my respect for donjazzy!

@iamdaintyc
Reply to  Tosinadeda

haha wen its ur turn keep quiet and watch people mess about with your property..body go tell kelly..nonsense

Somebody
Somebody
Reply to  @iamdaintyc

Who care...Who sabi ur papa???

Somebody
Somebody
Reply to  Somebody

Who cares? Who sabi ur papa?

@Chimmykid
Reply to  Somebody

Bros na wah o! You reply Sotey you go reply urself... Abeg tak am easy o! This notjustok comments fit kill person... Cheers...

@BabaOloriokoBB

When Rich Niggas act...

shegxy baba
shegxy baba
9 years ago

NIGERIAN MARKET IS KNOWN FOR COPY COPY NOW..........WHY DIS ONE NOW....IT IS SO UNFAIR....

SwaGga Alh.
SwaGga Alh.
9 years ago

im sooo glad to see this ... wtf is kelly handsome feeling like ?? dude stop stepping on toes do ur own thing ! don jazzy na baba thats why we dey call am don baba jay !

TYTH
TYTH
Reply to  SwaGga Alh.

SHUT THE FUKKUP

SwaGga Alh.
SwaGga Alh.
Reply to  TYTH

hahahaha guy go n kill ur self !

9 years ago

How is his remixing that song a crime if its not for sale?
Is it coz the 2face + Dbanj song was LEAK in the first place?
some1 explain to me.

obama2012
obama2012
Reply to  amblors

Go back to school or stop sharing your ignorance on this page, you always post dumb stuff. Does copyright infringement sound familiar ??

@tosinadeda
Reply to  obama2012

he asked a question . . ans the question or STFU

obama2012
obama2012
Reply to  @tosinadeda

The answer is copyright copyright infringement MORON !!

@tosinadeda
Reply to  obama2012

u re the moron dude . . u should av said that wivout insulting the guy!

Reply to  @tosinadeda

tosin leave that guy o, na wahala him b, lol.

obama2012
obama2012
Reply to  @tosinadeda

Hahahahahaha, I won't have been able to let you know the term that explains Kelly's offense if I was a moron. I never insulted your client ( Barrister Tosin), I only like correcting people's ignorance, plus your client is fond of making ignorant statements.

Pikin
Pikin
Reply to  obama2012

lmao last last na u display ignorance pass obama....lol

Reply to  obama2012

Mr. obama, i rem u, longtime no hia, u bin wan kill me the last time we meet.
Ofcourse i do understand the whole: don't use unless you get express permission from the owner ish,
but com on.
guess Mo'hits just dey flex muscle, wan use KH do scapegoat.
KH for steer clear of the song if he knew it was Mohits property, unto say him don diss them b4.
I feel for KH sha.
he shud play safe next time.

obama2012
obama2012
Reply to  amblors

Mr Amblors, I intentionally went at you because of our last encounter, am sorry if I sounded rude in anyway. How you dey ?? Kelly is an arse, Remixing the song of an individual you have constantly dissed for no reason is quite idiotic and dumb. Mohits won't have went at any other artiste asides him.

CarsDEY
9 years ago

I don't buy this plz.... 800k?? cmon mehn.. thats robbery on a day light! Don Jazzy e no make sense na cuz he didn't sell d songs

tosinadeda
tosinadeda

its pure wickedness . . . heartless

Gold
Gold
9 years ago

even in the music industry there is hierarchy ... kelly i believe you should learn from this and stop been rude all the time . shey na only you ??? Habaaa

SwaGga Alh.
SwaGga Alh.
Reply to  Gold

thank you oo my guy ... hopefully that fool go learn !

Banger Boi!
Banger Boi!
9 years ago

hahhhahaha, well, i personly just feel that karma caught up wit him though. i dont think him remixin a song shud cause this much harm, coz pple remix stuff every single day, esp. in this country. Coz if they really wanna arrest, almost all artists will be behind bars.lol. I just think kelly had it coming, coz he had causes too much wahala, and had gone too far with his 'controversy'. Clearly throwing shots at MoHits, M.I....for no reason!, coz M.I had sed it countlessly that he neva sed anythin to kelly that was ever derogatory, likewise DonJazzy. SO wot… Read more »

@tosinadeda
9 years ago

DonJazzy fall my hand big time . . .

@VersatileDavid
9 years ago

LOL, Kelly Hansome played himself into this, u know you are not in good terms with dem and you still went ahead to work on their material...I don't think Don Jazzy would have reacted this way if it were some other artiste.....

@Herdewaley
9 years ago

this is bullshit, the song is not for sale, and how did Mo hits own the right for the song i thought this 2face song featuring D'banj******* this is bullshit

@iKillCuriosity
9 years ago

'I killed Mo-Hits with one hit'...cool story bro.

Tee
Tee
9 years ago

i don't think there's anything wrong in what mo'hits did. in order to remix a song,you need copyright from the main artiste(s) that sang the song. also,when using songs as soundtracks for movies,you need permission. but Nigerians just go ahead and do whatever they want. remix songs, use them in movies without legal consent from the original artiste. if everyone will follow mo-hits footsteps, i bet the rate of piracy and copyright infringement in Nigeria will go down. don-jazzy has every right do to what he did,so stop throwing insults at him. how would you feel when someone else reaps… Read more »

Don J
Don J

see strategy.......GOD dey ooo

misspymp
misspymp
9 years ago

did should have beeing settle amicably not to the extent of showing us the undertaking, that is absurd

Somebody
Somebody
Reply to  misspymp

Gbolaka

JAZZY LOOK
JAZZY LOOK

Don Jazzzy again. Na wah o

Reply to  JAZZY LOOK

na real wa, no b say u talk

Someone
Someone
9 years ago

I thought bail was free...

Reply to  Someone

ha ha/lmao

mykali
mykali
9 years ago

All you expressing youя distate...imagine if this was in the us or any other country where these laws were taken more seriously, kelly wouldn't even have dreamt of doing what he did.

tobi
tobi
9 years ago

that is going a little too far ...totally unnecessary if u ask me..in that case m.i should get arrested for all his illegal music mix-tape songs

don jazzy
don jazzy
9 years ago

people this guy was already making deals wit alaba ppl to make money mohits did d right thing, if it was america it will b worse

Donpeters
Donpeters
9 years ago

DON jazzy or what he calls himself is a mad boy, cos he managed to get papers doesn’t mean he should misbehave. this is taking afrobeats dan the drain. DON JAZZY shod come buy shares in london stock with mohits let’s know he’s got bars. shii

bobbyelevated
bobbyelevated

no comment

YourFada!!!
YourFada!!!
9 years ago

FUCK MO'HITS THE KELLY HANSOME VERSION IS EVEN BETTER IM A DJ N I GON PLAY IT OVER N OVER FUCK D DON N DBANJ N ERR 1 who is cool with this nonsense

simonk
simonk
9 years ago

why publish this na bros , i feel sad . we are all human. men God punish poverty sha .

oversabimusic
oversabimusic
9 years ago

Only Nigeria they will arrest artists just like that without even taking them to court or somin. I made a remix to Choc boiz nobody test me last year. As soon as it started getting much views on youtube some nincompoop blocked it all in the name of copy rights. Why dem no come arrest me na?

Pikin
Pikin
9 years ago

Lmao...kelly ure lawyer nor try for u....800k for police bail??? .....oya better go lodge complaint ooo, if possible slap dem back with a law suit!!...dem don catch mugu,lmao!!.....its actually sad that u can purchase pretty much nythn in naija with money....NPF join!!!

badtguy
badtguy
Reply to  Pikin

kelly hansome, watch out for choicboiz lawsuit too, save money this time for bail again ooo, kaiiii

Pikin
Pikin
Reply to  badtguy

The guy nor knw him rights, police bail is free in Nigeria!!!

YourFada!!!
YourFada!!!
9 years ago

I SO !!! HATE MO' HITS AS A CREW RIGHT NOW... THIS GUY SAID " forget the beef" HABA DON JAZZY YOUR FADA, U R BETTER THIS !!!

C.S.K GUY
C.S.K GUY
9 years ago

D song was a leak...and kelly hansome's version was far beta than d dbanj version #fact

Reply to  C.S.K GUY

#truth

C.S.K GUY
C.S.K GUY
9 years ago

Buh how come police charge am =N=800,000 for common bail..chai dis police guyz don chop oo

Lagos Own
Lagos Own

What's Beef?

YANKEE
YANKEE
9 years ago

ALL OF UNA WEY DEY ABUSE DONJAZZY...OGUN PUNISH UNA MAMA AND PAPA..WHICH PATERN...U PRAY MAKE UR PAPA DO BUSINESS MAKE HE NO MAKE PROFIT....THIS SO CALL BASTERD (KELLY HANSOME) HAS BEEN BUSY DISSING THIS GROUP(MOHIT)..WAY BACK....INSTEAD MAKE HE GO DO SONG WEY GO MAKE PEOPLE KNOW AM NA M.I HE GO DEY ABUSE...IF HE GET TALENT Y HIM GO STEAL ANOTHER MAN PROPERTY....IF U NA WAN DIE MAKE U NA FREE DONJAZZY OOOO....THEN FOR CARRY AM GO KIRIKIRI SEF...STUPID KELLU UGLY

YourFada!!!
YourFada!!!

VERDICT!!!

@iamdaintyc
9 years ago

who care? who sabi ur mama? werey!!

NwaDiAla
NwaDiAla
9 years ago

Beef is when you cant sleep at night
beef is when I see you, gurantee to be an I see you...CLASSIC BIGGIE...B.I.G was the ish

@Chimmykid
Reply to  NwaDiAla

I #Concur

The Truth
The Truth
9 years ago

There's no infringement there,Pac used BIG's track to make Hit'em Up,and artistes make mixtapes with beats from other artistes songs in otherwords as long as you have released a track on the beat already I am not infringing on your rights as long as I don't sell the track or else MI would've been sued heavily for his illegal music

Fee
Fee
Reply to  The Truth

nope...there is infringement there. you are not supposed to make use of a material without consent as long as it aint urs, whether released or mot. the sad part is that in Nigeria these things have become like a norm which is a big no no here in the UK and the US. with intent to sell or not, you might gain some form of fame for that song which could therefore fetch you profits. its never right. its just become like a norm in Naija. it can even be tolerated if an upcoming act does it, but not someone… Read more »

Reply to  The Truth

dude the lawyers would tell you its infringement except with express permission from the owner. if u use it and the owner doesnt claim infringement, the person just doesnt want to sue you. its a norm in 9ja that everything goes, so this came as a shock. Yea M.I can be sued for IM but the owners of the beats prob don't care, they prob havn't heard the mixtape. Kelly should be careful in the future and use his 'friends' tracks.

Fee
Fee
9 years ago

As long as you MADE a song, composed and all by YOU, you own the copyright, for sale or not!!.

Reply to  Fee

yea yea , i knw that. there's bin no situation like this in 9ja to my knowledge hence my shock. Oleku was remixed tonnes of times by plenty people. Guess its to teach KH a lesson.

9 years ago

i'm doin aite man, u seem to b njoying urself on this page, lol. I thought it was a 2face song, i think the titled of the song when it leaked was 2face ft dbanj. mayb Kelly thought same, i would think he's smart enuf to steer clear of mohits property after dissin em.

Irep9jaa
Irep9jaa
9 years ago

Absolute Rubbish.Mo'hits can go to hell.

Okonkwo
9 years ago

so u're sayin lil wayne wz arrested for all his mixtape joints and remixes ba?? Save me dat crapp...dis was unwarrated... But itz legal anyway. Jazzy hz the rightz to do anyfin wiv his intellect... So yung6ix shld be arrested for his Oleku nw.. Nonsense.

German Machine
German Machine
9 years ago

That means say Remedies suppose go answer query cos na dem over do remix for dis naija industry. lol. If those artist see say dem fit make money for copy right issues, dem go begin dey arrest artist up and down. Terry G suppose go arrest mallam spicy for using his beats. Listen: http://www.notjustok.com/2009/12/09/mallam-spicey... Eldee suppose go arrest that girl wey use her song do remix. Jay Z suppose con arrest Modenine and terry the rapman too. Gyptian suppose throw Wizkid to jail for jamaica abi for hague. lol I dey very disappointed in mohits, jare. I no support anybody.… Read more »

Kelvin Armani Iyen
Reply to  German Machine

it does not work like that..all does songs where not on there albums and these people u mentioned neva acted like they where the original owners of the beat.......and apart from mohits hating kelly...the said song has not being released yet. <a href="http://.http://naijamayor.com/2face-ft-d-banj/" target="_blank">.http://naijamayor.com/2face-ft-d-banj/

I love Rap
I love Rap
9 years ago

This is some bull shit. Isn't the original song I'm Feeling Good by 2Face? I know D'banj was featured on it, but how does it become solely a MoHits record? I just don't get it. And 2Face was also on the remix. Why isn't 2Face being mentioned in any of this? Nigeria is just a useless country. I sense more of intimidation here from Mohit. Well, still a die hard Kelly Hansome fan. Lest I forget, the remix was much better than the original song!