Chelsea confirms players that will miss premier league fixture with recent injury update
Chelsea will be without another first-team midfielder following the recent updates shared by the club via the official website as well as confirmations from Pochettino in a recent press conference.
Mauricio Pochettino in his recent press conference confirmed that Enzo Fernandez will miss out on action for Chelsea as he is currently not available for the premier league fixture against Wolves. The head coach did not confirm or deny if the player who was substituted off early in the Carabao Cup fixture against Newcastle United was injured or still out due to illness.
He said, "We will see if he can be involved again as soon as possible. We already have information that it was a hernia and he also didn’t feel well [during the game]. He will have treatment with the doctor and of course, he is not going to be a problem. He will be as soon as possible with the group."
Full list of players injured for Chelsea
Here is a full list of players who are out for Chelsea due to injury or sickness ahead of the premier league fixture against Wolves:
- Trevoh Chalobah is still in the process of undergoing his rehabilitation program.
- Ben Chilwell has resumed partial team training.
- Carney Chukwuemeka is in the midst of his rehabilitation program.
- Marc Cucurella is in the early phases of recovery after a successful ankle surgery.
- Enzo Fernandez is currently being evaluated following the Carabao Cup match against Newcastle on Tuesday.
- Wesley Fofana is actively engaged in his rehabilitation program.
- Reece James is in the initial stages of recovery following a successful hamstring surgery.
- Romeo Lavia has returned to full team training.
- Noni Madueke has also returned to full team training.
- Robert Sanchez is in the early stages of rehabilitation.
- Lesley Ugochukwu has resumed full team training.