Kenya's top tracks in May are dominated by some of the greats in the industry including Sauti Sol, Khaligraph Jones, Octopizzo as well as a few newbies. Here's a list of tracks that are a must hear from Kenya this month.
Khaligraph Jones ft. Masauti - Hao
Kenya's baddest rapper; Khaligraph Jones came together with talented vocalist; Masauti on a new hit single titled "Hao".
The pair came together to spit some truth about life in the limelight; tackling major issues such as internet bullying and mental health. They matched this with a well curated music video set in the heart of Nairobi making it go instantaneously viral.
Sauti Sol ft. Soweto Gospel Choir - Brighter Days
East Africa's biggest band; Sauti Sol released a banging single titled "Brighter Days" on which they feature the Soweto Gospel Choir.
The vocal powerhouse give a message of hope on this melodious track; that there will be better and brighter days, which is perfect because we could all use a lift in spirit during the current Corona Virus pandemic.
This is one of the 14 tracks set to feature on the band's highly awaited album set to debut on the 5th of June 2020.
Octopizzo ft. Barak Jacuzzi - Che Che
Kenyan rap legend; Octopizzo teamed up with Barak Jacuzzi on a track titled "Che Che".
They produced major trap vibes as they drop heavy bars that flow perfectly to the beat on Pop Smoke's hit track 'Dior'. The rappers also showcase Nairobi's trap culture in the official music video which well matched the theme of the song.
Willy Paul ft. Nadia Mukami - Nikune
Willy Paul joined forces with Nadia Mukami on a single titled "Nikune".
The pair drop sultry bedroom vibes with this one as they sing about making love backed up with a visual on which they show off their chemistry.
Ochungulo Family - Pandemik
Ochungulo Family; which consists of Benzema, Nellythegoon and Dmore, are the Gengetone trio that is currently making waves in the Kenyan music scene. They recently dropped a track titled "Pandemik" which quickly climbed to the top of the charts.
The single carries witty lyrics from the artists on the current state of affairs in Kenya due to the Corona Virus. They paired their debut with a comedic visual making the whole production a catch.
- Donn J ft. Fena Gitu - Shillingi
- VIDEO: Ibraah ft. Harmonize - One Night Stand
- VIDEO: Sheebah - Nakyuka
- Aslay - Kilangakomo
- VIDEO: Good Luck Gozbert - Simu
- Nedy Music - Acha Iwe
- B2K - Lakini
- VIDEO: Platform - Naogopa
- Kusah - Dakika
- Rostam - Kaka Tuchati
- Nikki Mbishi ft. Tosha – Maneno Ya Mashabiki
- Bruno White ft. Darassa - Shikamoo Mapenzi
- Moni Centrozone ft. T Touch, Gaga Blue – Sio Fair
- Mzee Wa Bwax - Salio
- VIDEO: Steph Kapela ft Scar - Wewe Ni Nani?
- Shebby Love - Fagio
- VIDEO: Chikuzee - Koma Corona
- Grenade ft. Eddy Kenzo - Dis Dat
- Harmonize ft. Lydia Jazmine - Bedroom Remix
- Balo - Tatizo Wewe
- Hamadai - Pepea
- VIDEO: D Nase - Corona
- VIDEO: Zuchu - Raha
- VIDEO: Dj Seven ft. Spice Diana – Marry Me
- Joh Makini ft. Lady Jaydee – Kiwembe
- VIDEO: Sheby Medicine – Dawa
- Naomisia ft. Slimsal – Superstar
- Dully Sykes ft. Christian Bella, Mzee Yusuph – Michelle Sabeneiya
- Ibraah – Puto
- Makomando – Kiuno
- Zee ft. Mr Blue – Raha
- VIDEO: Tanzania House Of Talent – Mapito
- Platform – Naogopa
- D Nase – Corona
- Tanzanite – Karantini
- VIDEO: B2K – Mama
- VIDEO: Otile Brown – Juice
- Harmonize ft. Fik Fameica – Bedroom Remix
- VIDEO: Octopizzo ft. Barak Jacuzzi – Che Che
- VIDEO: Rosa Ree ft. Rayvanny – Sukuma Ndinga Remix
- Barnaba Classic – Muongo
- VIDEO: Bahati – Mwisho Wa Dunia
- Rhino King – Tatizo Ni Wewe
- VIDEO: Rawbeena – Mahaba
- VIDEO: Madee ft. Rayvanny – Pombe
- VIDEO: Boutross – Story Ilianza
- Fena Gitu – Save The World
- VIDEO: Ibraah – Ni Sawa
- Stonebwoy ft. Diamond Platnumz – Black Madonna
- Jumanne Idd – Baba
- VIDEO: Eddy Manda ft. Marioo – Mwendo
- VIDEO: Kimani ft. FKI 1st – Talk To Me
- Tommy Flavour – Nishazama
- Dmore ft. Eyoo Sevil – 420
- VIDEO: Magix Enga – Call
- Baddest 47 – Hujamzidi Baby
- VIDEO: Femi One – Lockdown Freestyle
- VIDEO: Billnass ft. Meja Kunta – Huna Baya