Overview of Odunsi (The Engine) – Wetin Dey
Just in time for the end of summer, Odunsi (The Engine)surprises fans with two new tracks 6 months after his biggest single ‘Tipsy’ made waves by amassing over three million streams on Spotify.
‘Wetin Dey’ produced by GA (Kojo Funds) samples the classic tune also titled Wetin Dey (Omukeke) by Nigerian artistes Ruff Rugged & Raw who were one of the pioneers for underground rap in Nigeria. Odunsi seeks to evoke nostalgic emotions in Nigerians and simultaneously brings a fresh spin on the song, making it his own.
‘Better Days’ was produced by P2J who is highly sought after due to superb collaborations with Beyonce(Brown Skin Girl, Keys to the Kingdom etc.), Burna Boy (Anybody, Ja Ara E) and Goldlink. The track features rising singer-songwriter WANI who gained recognition following the release of his debut EP Lagos City Vice in 2018.
The singles serve as a statement from Odunsi that Summer is far from over as well a perfect way to usher in the fall season. The offerings showcase his versatility as an artist and brilliance as a songwriter.
Based in Lagos, the 23-year-old artist, songwriter and producer first made an impression in 2016 under Kimani Moore Ents management with the release of his debut EP ‘Time of Our Lives’.
His growing reputation throughout Africa resulted in him releasing the track ‘In The Morning’ as the first official signing to Universal Music Nigeria. Yet his independently released debut album ‘rare.’ proved to be his breakthrough moment. It fired him to #1 in Nigeria, and further attention followed by a diverse array of international media including The FADER, MTV, DAZED and the Financial Times. It also featured stellar collabs with Davido (‘divine’, which was playlisted at 1Xtra) and Hamzaa (‘take me there).
Odunsi (The Engine) is gearing up to embark on his ANGLES AT THE DISCO European Tour In October due to high demand after selling out multiple headlining shows in the UK earlier this year.
Odunsi – Wetin Dey ??
- Odunsi (The Engine) ft. Wani – Better Days (Prod. GA)
- DJ Kaywise ft. T Classic – Yes Or No (Prod. Krizbeatz)
- Darkovibes X Mugeez ft. Medikal – Y3 B3 Sei Wiase
- Kojo Funds ft. Wizkid – I Like (Official Video)
- Junior Boy – Anita Baker (Official Video)
- Jidenna ft. Mr Eazi – Zodi
- Nonso Amadi – Free (The EP)
- DNA – Ifesinachi
- 1da ft. Kranium – Whine Fi Me
- Picazo – Pray For Me (Official Video)
- Limerick – Worwor For Nothing
- Buju ft. Zlatan – Spiritual
- Imrana ft. Samini – Imagine Say (Remix)
- Victor AD – Fact (Prod. IamBeat)
- Dremo – Sigh (Prod. Dremo)
- Picazo – Pray For Me (Prod. Stubborn)
- Soundcity Live Sessions With Rema, Fireboy DML, Ycee and Seyi Shay
- Burna Boy – Omo (Prod. Mr Kleb Beatz)
- Tekno ft. Zlatan – Agege (Official Video)
- Cassyice – Connect (Prod. Del B & Twins Beat)
- Fireboy DML – Girlfriend
- Davido ft. Chris Brown – Blow My Mind
- Yovi – Shokolate (Official Video)
- Zamorra – Run Way (Official Video)
- Kida Kudz ft. Wiley – Bounce (Audio & Video)
- Mr Eazi & Nandy – Siku Zote
- Slowdog ft. Magnito – Dubai 2 Onitsha (Official Video)
- Freezy Yayo – No Dayz Off
- Fefe – Soldier (Prod. UC Prof)
- DJ Towi ft. Teni – Kawo Soke (Prod. Olakira)
- Fireboy DML – Magic
- Jumabee – Ajibole (Audio & Video)
- Naira Marley – Back 2 Work
- Fireboy DML – Gold Digger (Freestyle)
- Brymo – AAA (The EP)
- Omar Sterling – Bangers And Reloads (Prod. Killmatic)
- High Grade Family ft. Samini, Senario, Razben & Rowan – Tsoobi
- Boybreed – Set | Pre-order Made In The Tropics EP
- Burna Boy – Wetin Man Go Do (Prod. Kel P)
- Broda Shaggi – Black Skin Boy (Cover)
- Oladips – Twenty Tiri K (23K)
- Small Doctor – Believe (Official Video)