notjustOk Presents: Trybe Records #TopTalent Producer Edition
Trybe Records recently concluded the first edition its "Top Talent " initiative. Top Talent is a platform for unsigned Nigerian artists to showcase their talent and possibly get music recording deals from major record labels in the country. The contestants entered the competition with their already recorded songs. Over 2000 entries were submitted, eLDee and his team of A&Rs, bloggers and music enthusiasts listened to all entries and selected the top 10 and the top ten entries were posted online for voting by the general public.
On May 13, 2011 So-J (pronounced /so-jay/) was declared winner after gaining the highest number of votes and was followed closely by K9. So-J and K9 are currently signed to Trybe Records and are currently in the studio working with eLDee on his upcoming album "Undeniable".
As part of our commitment to promoting unsigned Nigerian talent, we have decided to create a producers edition of contest to enable Nigerian music producers get more visibility.
1. Download acapella here
2. Produce a suitable instrumental for the provided acapella
3. Email your finished production to email@example.com
* Entries close on October 1, 2011.
* After all the entries have been recieved and thoroughly reviewed by the Trybe Records team, the top 5 entries will be posted on this website/blog on October 3, 2011 for the general public to vote.
* Voting closes on October 14, 2011
* Winner will be announced on October 15, 2011.
The winner of the contest wins a professional home recording studio as seen in the image below. The winning song will also be placed on the deluxe edition of eLDee's forthcoming album.
* Please note that by entering into this competition, you may ONLY publish your version of the song with a written consent and approval from Trybe Records. If your version does not make it into the top 5, you are strictly prohibited from publishing, sharing, promoting or selling your version of the the song on any platform, whether or not for profitable cause. All rights to the song and composition remain solely with Trybe Records and any violation will result in prosecution.