Boomplay Kenya celebrates Kenyan Women in Music on exclusive playlist launched on Women's Day
Boomplay, the number one music streaming and download app in Africa, will celebrate International Women’s Day 2019 this Friday (8th March) by featuring songs, albums and playlists championed by creative and talented Kenyan women on all sections of its homepage through the “Boom Queens” app takeover and play time campaign.
On International Women’s Day, the Boomplay app will have a feminine look, to showcase, promote and celebrate women in music. From Fena, Avril, Muthoni The Drummer Queen, Evelyn Wanjiru, Mercy Masika, Akothee, Nadia Mukami, Vivian, Victoria Kimani, Gloria Muliro to Efya, Rihanna and Vanessa Mdee, the playlist will also include leading Kenyan female artists and others from around the globe who continue to inspire and change the narrative one day at a time in the male-dominated industry.
On this initiative, Head of Public Relations Boomplay, Ms Tosin Sorinola said, “The conversation on gender equality and parity is one that is constantly ongoing and on occasions like this, it is important for us as a platform with so much interest in promoting Women in Music, to show our support in the best way possible. This is not a one-off campaign for us, it’s one that started since inception and will continue, a pledge evident in our daily and weekly activities and inclusions.”
Boomplay will also be running a play time campaign for a chance at increasing streaming revenue and numbers for female artistes whose songs will be featured in the “Boom Queens” playlist; a playlist consisting of songs by some of the best female artistes all over the world. This women’s history month, Boomplay users on Android and iOS stand a chance to win iPhones and loads of Boomplay Essentials across its major operating countries – Kenya, Nigeria, Ghana and Tanzania.
To show support to women in music and stand a chance to win, users will be required to:
- Subscribe to either the Boomplay daily, weekly or monthly plan.
- Stream the ‘Boom Queens’ playlist as many times as possible.
- Post a screenshot of the playlist on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or Boombuzz using the hashtags #BoomplayCelebratesQueens #BoomQueens #IWD2019 - Remember to tag @boomplaymusicKE in your posts!
This campaign will run from March 7th , 2019 - March 21st , 2019. Winners will be announced on the March 28th, 2019.
Terms and Conditions for the “Boom Queens” app takeover and play time campaign.
- To participate, you must have an active subscription plan as only subscribed play time will be counted.
- Winners will be chosen based on play time (how long you stream the playlist for)
- Winners will be announced on the March 28, 2019
- This campaign is exclusive to Nigeria, Ghana, Tanzania & Kenya only
- Boomplay staff are not eligible for this promotion
#BoomplayCelebratesQueens #BoomQueens #IWD2019
The Boomplay app has over 42 million users and recently launched its iOS app in December 2018. It boasts of an expansive catalogue consisting of over 5 million songs and videos from local and international acts.