VIDEO: D’banj Talks Headlining Hennessy Artistry 2013

Post by Demola OG, July 18th, 2013

This year Dbanj will be leading a fine selection of some of the trendiest artistes in the Nigerian music industry today on a series of club tours across Lagos, Port Harcourt and Abuja. But not before the official Hennessy Artistry theme song is released in a few weeks time.

This year Dbanj will be leading a fine selection of some of the trendiest artistes in the Nigerian music industry today on a series of club tours across Lagos, Port Harcourt and Abuja. But not before the official theme song is released in a few weeks time.

In this exclusive interview for Hennessy Artistry 2013, Dbanj who is arguably one of the most talked about artists in the Nigerian entertainment industry, sets the record straight on the true story behind his music, his life and his association with Hennessy.

Dbanj always brings a unique sort of magic to the screen, so you don’t be surprised if you feel the need to laugh, cry or even reflect as you learn a few new things about this remarkable entertainer who has just been announced as the Headliner for Hennessy Artistry 2013.

While we await the release of the official theme song, we can only imagine what the club tours will be like this year.
To quote Dbanj from the interview “This time it’s different”

Press--Option-I

52 Responses to “VIDEO: D’banj Talks Headlining Hennessy Artistry 2013”

1. Delbea says:

This guy funny Die…I swear he can package anything.

2. Folarin says:

Those club tours will definitely get messy!!! Eja nla #finally

3. tom says:

I don watch this video like 4 times already! this guy is ENTERTAINING!

4. BeSpoke l'omo,whatever goes through dapo's head is real shit!!!

5. Sister Caro says:

Dbanj stay winning.

6. owolabz says:

Eja Nla looking like money

7. BIG M0UTH 凸(`⌒´メ)凸 says:

At the end of the day, the truth is while sombori is busy drinking Loya milk (smh..not even peak milk)…..another is on that Hennessy kush!! Lool

My problem with dbanj is..What, How are you giving back to the streets?

• owolabz says:

Exactly my Point.. I get in Literal arguments for D'banj and I cant pinpoint a single thing he did for the streets !

• Logo says:

u must be one of those that takes press crew along to charity homes…. do ur research carefully before u hit ur keypads…

• Dsam says:

Big mouth wetin you take today? na you drop this comment about D'banj abi dem hack your account? True talk but we just have to deal with it and enjoy music. 2face own worse pass, na to stone am for show one day sef

• BIG M0UTH 凸(`⌒´メ)凸 says:

Haha Dsam nobori hack me o! Dont get me wrong Dbanj over err body but 2baba has done more , for example he has sang with lots of relatively unknown artist, He still isn't picky with his collaborations unlike baba dbanj!

lOl lastman…i rememba wen you talk-am< but then you were so biased, u said it at a wrong time when errbori was on a hating thing!!

• hmmm…ENU NLA omo this one wey u just day tip toe dey decamp so be like say DBanj don stop to pay salary this month. Truth fit u sha, keep it up.

• I swear i can't believe ur saying this…guy truth is always truth,me don rest this matter for your boy since last year. To whom much is given much is expected and i'm not talking about standing in the middle of Lagos spraying random money like he was doing last week. Something tangible to further upcoming talent is what will put him in the best light. Naija philanthropy no need coding. Jazzy wins @ that one

• paulmirabilis says:

guy,i'm sorry to say this but this your comment is dumb.The Hennessy parol wey u talk no be endorsement deal.it's just a way of pushing the brand with songs done by selected musicians.Were you dead last year when M.I and Naeto C did theirs?or in 2011 when Banky W, Tiwa Savage and Eldee did theirs?…Besides, is Don Jazzy a singer or rapper?…my advice for you is to always do your research very well b4 coming here to spit rubbish.

8. namesabipass says:

on Top Still…..

9. unosabime says:

eja nla tiii land clear the Airport…..

10. i sabiu says:

The man with the master plan………………haters keeps wondering how you do it .and who you do it for…..Hennessy I guess
    ?

11. seun says:

Eja Nla ti land, clear the Airport.

Nigeria is proud of you Dbanj.

You are a winner.

12. seun says:

To asnwer your question if Dbanj does anything for the street. Google it, I just did and I found out that he has a functioning NGO that just donated beds and materials to a special school for the needy in Ogun State.

Do your reserch, you will find out the facts yourself.

Dbanj does his charity, he just like to keep it private so that his reward will be from God.

I guess that’s why he is so blessed.

13. Gold says:

the LV suit is heavy !! D'banjjjjjjjjjjjj !!!!!!

14. kenneth says:

i cant help but admit..the guy is fresh….

15. Name it says:

Always feeling you Banga osheey

16. ola says:

i feel you die D'banj

17. Uche says:

There’s something fascinating about this guy. He’s got ‘that’ charisma. I’ll like to see him acting movies seriously. I can’t believe I smiled all thru the video

18. ajmammie says:

People should be reasonable in their comparism… What has Loya milk got to do with this interview. Naivety is an issue… Ride on D'banj, well done Don Jazzy and the mavins.. However, without any hit soon.. in the next one year D'banj would not headline any show. You can't take away good music from staying at the front line, and you can't take away good music production from Jazzy…

• KASSIM says:

thats what you guys said last year, that after 2012 dbanj is finished, let me tell you the truth just give him 10yrs more to still be on top. thats all

• Star boy says:

You are just an idiot, who has no sense of reasoning, it was the same stuff people said about D'banj last year and he is still winning Don jazzy and his crew

• @ajmammie says:

Hahahahahah! I don't stoop so low to insult people or misuse the liberty of using social networks. I did not say he is finished. All i said is that if he does not come out with a hit song soon, he would not headline any show in the next year. You that is King Solomon the wisest @Starboy, what is your basis for comparing a musician and a producer??? Wisen up in your thinking son. Stop being a dush head.

• TMM says:

@ajmammie…Even though i am very much a Dbanj fan….but i am still objective at times. You saying he does not have hit song is totally unacceptable…Have you not heard Dont tell me Nonsense and Finally. Dont two songs run the dance halls now, by the way Today is Friday. You can like to visit any club to attest to attest to my deductions. H

• Folarin says:

Bro are you on this planet at all? Dude has songs topping charts and rocking clubs and you're saying 'without any hit soon'. Na wa o

19. Logo says:

i've noticed pple with long comments trying to explain wat we already knew r set of idiot disturbing NJO… Nice one dbanj

20. KASSIM says:

10 yrs from now he will still be on top, he already told you he just started. bangalee

21. ugoharris says:

I admire the guy's hustle n spirit of winning. Let's just be real oh, God just dey on his side oh.

22. This guy is gifted…I came with doubt but left entertained. #head_oil

23. thinkwell says:

This guy is crazy.. Sonko wangu.. cooool

24. richie rich says:

Hatters stop beefin dis guy na , abi hennessy no see donjazzy b4 dem com meet dbanj, no donjazzy no dbanj yet d guy dey mak waves d so much talked about jazzy hw many hit songs don come out of marvin since it bgan , tank God 4 dis guy life abeg wether u lik it or nt o! Dbanj is blessed , gud music or bad as una put am {haters} yet he stil gets multi million endorsement deals u can’t tak dat away. Get a life pls. Eja nla carry go God dey ur side.

25. Ogundare Ropo Erbz says:

d undderground music z jst appropriate!

26. gistlodge.com CEO says:

nyce!!

27. Amalawa says:

Dbang is the most successful Nigerian Artist on the world stage at the moment take it or leave it ,… without olivertwist music is not complete in any uk or american club ,. hahahah ,. this guy don go hahahahahaha ,… plenty respect to Don jazzy ,.. he is a legend,. i only hope one day both party can see the need to come back together ,.. they both need each other at some point ,. they would never understand ,… music is greater than one person interested ,. let them remember the past ,.. long live MOHIT