VIDEO: Cuppy ft Tunji Oyelana- I Love My Country

Post by Ovie O, July 17th, 2013

“Formerly known as DJ Cupcake, Cuppy has decided to release her first single from her upcoming EP, which is billed to drop this summer. She has created an interesting and unique sound alongside a video, which blends Afrobeats with the internationally popular Dance/House music. The song titled, “I love my Country”, is a remake of an 80′s hit which was written by Nobel laureate, Chief Wole Soyinka and originally sung by ace Highlife musician, Tunji Oyelana.

Wole Soyinka and Tunji Oyelana composed the song, which was first sung during one of Soyinka’s major theatre presentations, “The Beautification of Area Boy”, but then grew to become a huge hit with music followers at the time and went on to sell many records in the early 80′s.”

Cuppy-I-Love-My-Country

Directed by Mr Moe Musa

YouTube Preview Image

22 Responses to “VIDEO: Cuppy ft Tunji Oyelana- I Love My Country”

1. alapomerin says:

cool

2. @activ8ed says:

Sick ass beat!
    but wetin them de sing on the beat no just sweet at all.

3. Brand Naija + International summer anthem. Brilliant. Takes me way back to the days of DJ Pied Piper and The MCs…good job Moe plus its so cool how cuppy doesn't flaunt how rich her dad is.

• ** update**
      This is outrageous and sad… so Ice prince wears an american flag to his award and we attack him(me included) then this new artiste releases an international naija flag flying song a few days later and we still hack it to death. Proof that we as Nigerians and Africans as a whole don't even require an external catalyst to destroy ourselves till there's no one left. I'm not saying "LOVE THE SONG" that's a matter of personal opinion even though this music has far more international potential which Nigerians seem to value so much nowadays but the harsh hate comments here seem to go well beyond the music verging on visiting the "sins of the father on the child. Just the same way people have been needlessly harsh, personal and careless with that Toni Tones video which she's now taken down. We lack female artistes but not a word of encouragement for the emerging ones just personal attacks. This isnt even logical or fair?

Its pretty frustrating to know with mathematical certainty that this circle of confusion and chaos in the Nigerian consciousness is here to stay and far too easy to exploit. Cuppy Take heart…God Bless Nigeria!!! .

• @activ8ed says:

bros Calm down…no one is complaining that we dont like the Naija branding…I'll speak for myself tho, I DO NOT LIKE THE DELIVERY. thats all.

I mustnt like a song cos its singing Nigeria all over it. For this song. the beat is awesome,but the song delivery on the beat…nahhhh, ask me tomorrow, ill say the same.

I no even know say ice prince wear american flag…smh..thats mumucious..this is part of the reason i dont like him…that boy needs some exposure…i hate that wannabe shit.,,

• @activ8ed says:

maybe i should say, that song no be for beat like this..

• oh well…it all ends well. The room is quiet. we go jam for another page :-)

• @activ8ed says:

hahaha now u don de make me fear lol
        I know say u also vote me down. God de watch u in 3D IMAX

• lol de bro…no fear no be me dislike ur comment, me sef dey pack dislikes like mad sometimes even when i feel i made sense. The trick is not to give a sh!t cos some really dark forces dey visit notjustok and they are incapable of love, believe that. stay blessed star!

4. ajmammie says:

The beat here is sick!!! The blend with techno is ace… Although the song is not it.. Kudos to her, the production is top notch.

5. notjustokfan says:

I was even respecting the fact that NJO did not feature this trash….but alas! I guess money talks! NJO u must to post my comment!! LOL

6. 9jaboy says:

Thre goes 41secs I'll never get back

7. Comment says:

Ofcos,A FEMI OTEDOLA'S DAUGHTER! singing about how much she loves Nigeria! smh…..country where she has probably never lived as a common Nigerian in her entire life…She prolly doesn't even knw what been a nigerian feels like….With all these boko haram sh!t,struggle to the max,get paid a little in Nigeria….Who wan follow u sing this kain song??? i hated this song when i heard it on linda ikeji

8. ayaeze emma says:

4 ur information all of u, she will called on every show, watch and see. pls stop the criticism

9. this song would b a hit, just watch and see.

10. this song would b a hit, just watch and see.

11. tom says:

Where's my comment thou?

12. @ajmammie says:

This na euro club banger… Summer blast!!!

13. na me talk am says:

moe musa failed here. we shud see lots of old naija footage. victory in soccer, cultural displays. with her jamming

14. Kush K says:

this song is a badman tune what you on about more nigerians should make this kind of music.. afrobeats meets electro meets dance some british nigerians (me included) would love this. Good to see people branching out not sticking to the usual stuff!