VIDEO: M.I – Chairman

Post by Ovie O, May 13th, 2013

We expected it. Now it’s here! The “Chairman”, Mr M.I Abaga returns with a new video. Sick!!

PULLING OUT ALL THE STOPS! MI IS ON THE THRONE WITH BANGING NEW VIDEO, CHAIRMAN.

Africa’s number one rapper and Glo ambassador M.I Abaga premiered this video exclusively to fans at the Silverbird Galleria on Sunday. Today everyone gets to see the highly anticipated video on Youtube!
Watch out for: A roll call of Hip-Hop’s hall of fame, from Tupac, B.I.G, JayZ, Eminem, Kanye West and others. MI Abaga continues in fearless form seated on his own throne and handing out his inimitable punch-lines. You want more? There’s a private jet, fast cars and some of the sexiest women in the world!

Watch the video and win a brand new smartphone. Here:

Directed by Ali Zamani.

YouTube Preview Image

MOBILE VIDEO DOWNLOAD

85 Responses to “VIDEO: M.I – Chairman”

1. Nas says:

first una papa nyash

2. Babalawo.. says:

Emi ni first….thatsall

3. RUGGEDFURY says:

Video & Beatz tight….. Dats all

4. Zeezy says:

Sick video shaaaaaaaaaaa!!
    M.I u no kill us o!
    Cars, jets , sexy women
    9ice!!!

5. dOpe Niccur says:

Yea man…Ttm 4 tyall suckers 2 clear the throne cos d king z back. Still African's No. 1 #yaga

6. paulmirabilis says:

Cool Video

7. dOpe Niccur says:

@KOBO CAN YHU JUST F**KIN SHUT UP!! B-TCH!!

8. Chris Knify says:

so he cant use 9ja rap legend display of bulshit.

9. Jay One says:

daaaaamn!!!!!!!by far his best video! cant wait for the album to drop, MI3 "CHAIRMAN" will be a classic!!!!!!!!!! hav u eaten today?

10. dOpe Niccur says:

@KOBO HEY! DUDE, YHU DUNNO ME AND I DNT F**KING KNOW YHU. SO JUST BETA SHUT DAT P*LE HOLE YHU CALL A MOUTH….YHU KNW I RILI DNT GET Y YHU GUYS CANT JUST APPRECIATE GOOD STUFF WHEN YHU SEE 1. IF YHU DNT LIKE D SONG DEN DNT COMMENT OR LISTEN 2 IT. JEEZ!!

• Kobokotohbad says:

hahaha, and typing in Caps lock makes you sensible? Have you eaten today? need some pocket money? In case you haven't noticed, its a video, and not a song, and as fans, we are expected to comment (based on our personal opinions).

11. Zunnubunny says:

Fantastic video …but seriously, the only reason he can get away with this song is bcos he’s M.i. … I’ll probably pick “APATA” his freestyle over this so called Chairman. It’s not worth the hype it got during the audio premiere a while back.

12. CHAIRMO says:

YOU NEED TO IMPROVE YOUR VIDEOS CHAIRMAN…. DATS ALL

13. ayo says:

this video is ghen ghen..kip it up M.I

14. privy says:

Mi baba,

Dis video is d bomb¤ ABOKI`s ve come to hiphop resque in nija

15. bencode says:

Nice video….let the critics talk, it only brings out the best in him.

16. sinzu says:

nyc video and MI's best ever…buh is it just me or was it too obvious that he was lip synching in d video. d flow dint just go well. #not hatin o

17. TeamLakers says:

so M.I no gree put dem 9ja rappers for the background, where dem rugged man,Mode9 and even the hottest rapper (Olamide) dey. I guess he got beef with one particular 9ja rapper in this song/ music video. well this is yo' best video so far. i give u 5/10

• theLASTMAN Ψ ︻╦╤─ says:

omg…dude u wrote exactly exactly what i was going to say word for word except i'd give 6/10 cos of money spent and i'm not aware of the beef. good call still.

• Baddo says:

But, if he showcases the Nigerian rappers, some fit just take it as beef say he no show their face, so for the benefit of those that might want to hate, have they eaten today? Plus he claims he is Chairman and he no de their league. That's what i think though.

• theLASTMAN Ψ ︻╦╤─ says:

I get ur drift but how about the departed greats Dagrin, MC loaf, Fela etc…idea no dey finish for this world bro

• Kwaa-mare says:

Is Fela is rapper…?

18. abaga says:

hey, low lyf kobo abi any dismal rotten name wey u dey bear! Have u eaten today!!!

19. rozee says:

hello haters, na m.i b king of rappar 4 naija so no compa*re him with any low lyf rapper!!!

20. rozee says:

21. rozee says:

22. dref says:

best m.i video so far . But some things are jst basic .the dir needs to be more creative .a chairman does sit always n wat are those white gals standin 4?. The video stil on pnt

23. Flexi says:

Finally, after starving all his fans with accompanying videos for his hit tracks, this dude has gotten some sanity. Hope this wont be a one time thing cos M.i just too stingy sha. Anyway, he’s número uno in d rap game and dis video is so first class. Great job.

24. Lark says:

d video is good, but wat abt d lyrics??? are dey not nursery lyrics???..no head turning lyrics (datz wat hip hop is known for world wide)…pple are making noise cos it's MI!..you've all heard d audio some weeks back and felt dissapointed after 3 yrs in exile…we'll kill hiphop/rap in Nigeria if we continue to rate best rap artists like dis!…will be unfortunate if this song gets nominated at d Headies!!!

25. emeka says:

m.i is a very good rapper but i think sarkodie is far better…nice video..luv dat

26. cool bukson says:

Really don’t know why this dude couldn’t show pictures of Nigerian rappers, if he feels Nigerian rappers ain’t good enough to be on that roll call, then he is also not worthy of being called a rapper

27. papa teazle says:

All you haters pls enter into a studio and do an ordinary 16 bars rap song and let's see how far u can go. Learn to appreciate peep's effort! if you no like this video or the song simply go and hug a transformer…. by the way una don eat today?

28. ajmammie says:

Nice video!! Better than what he has offered in the past…

29. Nice.. delivery is on point! its about time he acts like the lyricist that he is.

30. jimbavia says:

M.I looking so much like Kendrick lamar .. nice one mr. Chairman

31. 9jafreak says:

Is this M.I.?
    Damn. This is like a career-ending song men
    Absolute garbage
    The hook sucks and the lyrics are absolutely disappointing

32. @jimbavia..true dat! He does looks like kendrick. Tot I was d only 1 dat noticed

33. Horbaweezy says:

If M.I continues to drop bars lyk diz he might jes end up being d. Next Shina Raambo….”The Kind of money I see wud make ni**aas sea sick” Dafuq z dat!!

34. nuhu david says:

dis song is below M.I's standard for me but i have much respect for him

35. Gold says:

I need this video

36. Baba Wan says:

M.I..Keep on Keeping On.

37. did u record that shit?

• true.. it seems like he join join song and video together… other do it but this is too obvious.. nice video.. not sure the short story line make any sense. but u need he needs to sack his manager or the producer..

38. Gideon Don Mensah says:

sorry MI is soundless.

39. Oche says:

First of all, have you eaten today? I read most comments and laughed. Why are some people hating? you can say it’s a good or bad video that’s your opinion. Love it or hate it, M.I is king. All the people mentioned as “naija legends” how relevant are they? But mention 2pac, Biggie or Jay-Z and see the response. Look outside your small bubble which is Nigeria. And don’t get me started with Olamide, “She carry front, she carry back, she too package…” how many artiste can you listen to their album from beginning to end? I can count like 10 in naija and 4 of those belong to M.I. So until you can do what he has done, stop hating…its not good for your health.

40. frinx says:

hate it or love it….if u hate it xo much…y comment..And besides av u EATING today? xo y HATING…..M.I abeg bring d album my headphones just can’t wait.

41. emeka says:

Hhmmm, So sarkodie and M.i who is the best rapper and should be crowned da best rapper in Africa?

42. ScarFace says:

I love M.I, but honestly he didn’t try with this. Them punch lines were weak! Plus I’m really tired of him referring to his haters, it’s getting old. Good beat and nice video though.

43. TM...massive says:

To be candid the song is just about average….I mean no wow punchlines or metaphors (I personally think VEC will murder that beat)…Now to the video….Cool but no out of the box creativity on display.

44. DAVID says:

IT gets boring…. Afterwards

45. bala boss says:

Mi’s a legend,,,though d lyrics aint dat gud…fuck ya’ll haterz

46. Elv..Pro says:

M.I you have got better songs, this is a waste of resouces we need the old MR.Incredible , if you sounded this way 2008/09 am sure you will go no where. So watch.

47. For the benefit of those that want to say things, have you eaten today? then why are you hating? Lol. Video on point, rapper on point, director on point. The work of a CHAIRMAN.

48. Online says:

M.I like chairman. I respect u boss.

49. GreenZ says:

The first time he came out, he was a mixture of Kanye and Wizzy, now he's swag jacking K.Lamar.
    I used to be a die-hard MI fan but at this point i just dont know what to say. Ever since i downloaded PO's DTTW mixtape, I just had to have a change in opinion as regards MI's works.
    If you are any die-hard naija hip hop head, you might wanna listen to PO's mixtape then see for yourself

50. moves says:

9jafreak you are a punk u don’t no a good song when u see one big up’s MI

51. OLAMIDE says:

THIS JOINT IS AVERAGE BY M.I.'s STANDARD..HE NEEDS TO IMPROVE COZ AKA & SARKODIE ARE ABOUT TO DETHRONE HIM…

52. OLAMIDE says:

THIS IS AVERAGE BY M.I.'s STANDARD..HE NEEDS TO IMPROVE HIS GAME COZ AKA & SARKODIE ARE ABOUT TO DETHRONE HIM..

53. dung says:

I just have to say mi is bigger than things he’s saying on this song,he need to start saying real things. is a cool video buh need more on the lyrix.

54. Blast-The-Shocker says:

This is a standard video and a great song. (I must confess I loved this song after the 3rd listen) . However, you do not expect a legend to come out and be rappin the same way he rapped when he was hussling. Look at top international rappers like Eminnem, DRE, ICE cube (now an actor), 50 Cent, Lil Wayne, Nas, Kanye etc; their first album are all classics but now they take it easy (they are not fighting with anybody, its all about money making). That is the Idea! Sarkodie and co. are trying to break into the scene, they have to put out classics (and still their best is not as good as MI now). So, for the benefit of those of you that have not eaten, please go and eat and stop hating.

55. EDE says:

i dont understand why if some1 wants to give their opinion on something its viewed as hating. im not hating nd ive eaten this morning but in my opinion this song is whack compared to m.i's standards. it was over hyped. the first time i heard it i cudnt even hear the hook properly. The video def makes up for it but can u compare it to anoti, to safe, to talk about it, to fast money fast cars, all on his debut album.
    can u compare this song to the comedic but lyrical mastery of BEEF and of represent or undisputed on is second album
    in fact his bars on his mogbono feli feli remix were harder than this almost every song on the illegal music mixtape is harder than this.
    im a die hard m.i fan but please people be real, nd stop riding his D*** this song is average at best

56. Jojo Samuel says:

Pls send me d video of Mi chairman in 3gp format

57. Tmon says:

@Blast the Shocker…… Your Comment is the most reasonable…. MI has reached d level where even if he puts out shit.. twill b listened 2. hustling rappers gatz roll out classic 2 get dere

58. For the benefit of all you that one to Hiss,

…have you Eaten?

Then why are you Hating?

59. nd says:

Nice one bro much respect

60. **HMnnnmn***
    You will Get 1000 Real Faceboook Likes, and 1000 Instagram followers + bonus here http://bit.ly/ZgHJvA.

61. sleek! says:

Ahfink m.I’s video z kul n inspiring….kudos from 1 of yur biggest fan…..yur ma role model!!

62. Kelechi Eze says:

This video and song is too classic. he dumbed it down on purpose abeg. MI on point.

63. Eryifeoluwaa says:

I would simply say that the song is very Good But then the video im not quite happy with , cause tbh hes subject matter used to be something everyone used to relate to but now its somehow just hatters haters haters tbh yeah apkata is even better than the lyrics here…So M'S i LOVE YOU YEAH BUT THEN yOUR SUBJECT MATTER DON CHANGE GO BACK TO WHAT WE CAN RELATE TO Thans

64. Lasbrey Ejehu says:

lovely…

65. hala says:

@Uche, abeg help me ask am…ok he meant idris abdulkarim, ruggedman et al…LWKMD

66. biaphra says:

i blame notjustok for allowing this post. u cant cure the world of unintelligent people but u can certainly censor it.

67. as it is says:

Safe was boring ? Undisputed was boring? how ? ….please oo..dos were some of MI's best videos…..and yeah this one as well

68. dOpe Niccur says: