VIDEO: The Official “Top Ten Nigeria” Countdown on Soundcity TV

Post by Ovie O, May 3rd, 2013

The ‘Top Ten Nigeria’ show is seen by many as the most authoritative Top 10 countdown of Nigerian videos on Television. Big thanks to the Soundcity Crew for pushing this through. Hopefully we’ll be bringing it to y’all on a weekly basis.

Hosts: Adams and Pearl.

YouTube Preview Image

PS: If you wanna watch any of the videos on the Top 10 in its entirety, feel free to use the “Search” bar on the top right corner of the page here on notjustOk.com.

51 Responses to “VIDEO: The Official “Top Ten Nigeria” Countdown on Soundcity TV”

1. Ifeanyi Nzeribe says:

Fuck no azonto cant be the best vidoe.

2. helen says:

Antenna by fuse odg amazing I can’t stop listaning to it defos one of the best Nigerian songs as well as fire by Doneo

3. theLASTMAN Ψ ︻╦╤─ says:

fake and gay…so these two core nigerians pretend not to know what ogbanje is? i like the idea but i think the show is redundant cos we have NJO giving us the hits in realtime…sorry 2 sound so pessimistic but this fakeness presenting pisses man off. Tired of this self-hate identity crisis haba since 1960. boost naija jare

• TJaZ says:

I dunno exactly what Ogbanje mean tho, and I only left naija 3 years ago. So I dont think everyone has to be fake for that…..my understanding is Ogbanje = Mami-water = Someone with Marine Spirito :) I dunno if I am correct…Im from Delta state and I should know this abi? :)

• Someone says:

you are correct

• findout says:

u got it.

• theLASTMAN Ψ ︻╦╤─ says:

you're actually correct, if the presenter hazarded a guess like you did she would have been right too.lol bruv my point is until we embrace an identity in naija preferably our original one this country is not moving forward. God bless your sojourn!!!

• Someone says:

Even the girl carry hair like Ogbanje.

• Zamani says:

bro, yo saying bullshit… ogbanja na igbo so wat? who cares…. they know and its just the concept…. this is why i am tired of igbo home and abroad… u feel too insecure around yoruba… so shut the fcuk up… anyways thanks to NJO for bringing soundcity to my view this morning

• james says:

look at these people so because ogbanje is a yoruba word then every living soul in nigeria should know it abi.

• theLASTMAN Ψ ︻╦╤─ says:

ogbanje is an igbo word and it is loosely thrown around in naija my gut instinct tells me that babe knows exactly what it means. let's not dwell on the ogbanje though my point is that these presenters and most in naija are fake as hell…if you watch channel o you don't see S.A presenters trying to be foreign. Its really embarassing.

• okiki boy says:

Azz inn…. Everybody in lagos is forming porsh! And this is the reason why people like dbanj thinks bringing 2chainz and doing all this kayne west/good music attachie is some kind of BIG ACHIEVEMENT and people like darey will go and pack millions and give to Kim kardashian just for her to appear on the red carpet for few mins & leave….. NIGERIANS ARE TOO INFERIOR TO THE WESTERN CULTURE! always trying to dress like dem! fake accent everywhere…all types of winter jacket under 40° heat in lagos….smh!

• theLASTMAN Ψ ︻╦╤─ says:

my brother this epidemic has been brewing for so long…u can imagine a country where it is normal to say "stop speaking vernacular" with authority. These are the effects you are witnessing today. An african country where to say "ol boy you too black" is an insult. Minds bred for export and lifestyles bred for downstream consumerism…its a shameful pity meanwhile elsewhere they are now teaching science in Swahili…abeg keep telling them till it sinks in me i don log out. bless up!

• Omooba001 says:

lol….how can i give u ''vote up'' thrice? :(

• folasanwo says:

Bros Lastman, I know Adams personally (haven't seen him for 3 years cos I don't live in Nigeria now), and he's the realest person, out there… he was speaking pidgin all through the first 2 minutes, c'mon… try to cut these guys some slack….

…also, I know NJO puts out jams, but realtime? Nah!!!

• theLASTMAN Ψ ︻╦╤─ says:

ok if u say so bro…i don't like to dull another man's hustle so let your man go ahead. I'm not even suggesting that they get razz or uncouth. Its only fair that we have a nigerian identity instead of forced intonations and stuff on our radio and TV. I've seen how they do it in many many countries brother and they protect their zone and identity jealously.

• folasanwo says:

Yess boss! True said! Much respect to you :)

• igala says:

Lastman what is Naija Identity? Nigeria is diverse so not everybod here would know ogbanje. In my hometown on Kogi that word is non existent. I am tired of all you lagos based Nigerians thinking Lagos = Nigeria.

You mentioned self hate…. An igbo boy like you that thinks he is from ILesha has self hate

• theLASTMAN Ψ ︻╦╤─ says:

ogbeni calm down…oyibo don rob una you should be sorry. Naija identity are the peculiar traits that are unique to a person who is from the country called nigeria which many nigerians go the extra mile to efface.I don't want to come over here all the time and start preaching plenty. It apparently solves nothing but this topic is very close to the root of all our problems as a nation and come 2015 you will see the relevance.

I totally agree Nigeria is blessed with diversity and i am a very culturally aware dude who is fortunate to have traveled a great deal within the country. I am unable to see the country along tribal lines…all is see is the flourish of variance. I fully understand why the word ogbanje doesnt apply in Kogi although its almost an official pidgin word now. pls research these concepts below to save me filling the page with yarns. Btw i'm not Igbo i only speak the language.

culture and identity
        compulsive labeling
        social validation

• musiqCAPTAIN¡¡ says:

theLASTMAN Ψ ︻╦╤─ you are very correct. Wake up Nigerians! We need to accept our identity and market our culture…majority of our artist this days will come on tv and start speaking phonetic, its like if you cant speak phonetic people wont listen to u ? this things makes me cry inside…Only one artist keeps it real and that is TUBABA. wo im tired . patiently waiting for 2015, its here and it means revolution is coming to Nigeria. if you like insult me na u sabi. my own is Na Africa we dey o make you hear Colo-mentality hear.

• theLASTMAN Ψ ︻╦╤─ says:

my broda this thing pain me pass…i cant claim i'm from another country i even reject foreign nationality 3 times cos no place like home…bros some foreigners have confided in me over and over say this our country is supposed to be the best destination in the world but the people are too confused and scattered…nothwithstanding the foreigners professionally claim their mega pay and go spend it somewhere chilled like Ghana or Gambia for instance. meanwhile Ghana will never entertain this BS that's why they're growing strong and our people are packing billions of dollars to go and chill there but like to complain when they're met with disrespect. long live 2baba and the spirit of Fela Anikulapo Kuti.

• Omooba001 says:

seems am wearing my naija jersey to church tomorrow….if its not dirty….it will start from Omooba

• theLASTMAN Ψ ︻╦╤─ says:

loooool…dis guy u be real radical go in peace but no forget ur offering sha

• rimi says:

e no pain you reach me. Every time i listen to 90% of the radio stations for naija,my BP dey rise.

• mina says:

lol njo should have its own official countdown show.. this soundcity thing is not cutting it…

4. timiblazer says:

Nice one! really like the countdown

You can Check out wwwNigerianMusicBlog.com If you love good Music !

5. TOOLS says:

these guys are fake…

6. deji says:

yea really sad that the channel i use to be a fan of is so lame, lack of content or creativity.

7. Sauce says:

It doesn't get any worse when your hair cut looks like toupee and your co-presenter's hair looks like horse tail.

8. sholascott says:

Presenters are fake as f&&k how come u dont know the meaning of Ogbanje ? na wa o

9. snipez says:

dis guy ie getting too fat

10. RichBoy says:

Nigerians must beef .. whats wrong with you guys.. cant you just come commend them ?

11. garry says:

how can azonto be over gobe….. fake presenters fake show

12. Nenye Ibeanu says:

wld prefer dis on a weekly basis too notjustok…pls try nd make it happen…I've alwz loved dis show.

13. musiqCAPTAIN¡¡ says:

I had to lol! Fela don talk am, colonial mentality…E be say you be colonial man You don be slave from before Dem don release you now but you never release yourself. #Colomentality. SWAG MY ASS KMT.

14. adewale says:

the lady look more fake, starting with her name: Pearl, i believe that name is not giving by her parents, but a self proclaim name….most chi-chi and bolanla , and iyabo don change there name to Pearl., Chelsea, and so on…… @the LASTMAN ..u are right. f&&k all this 9ja FAKE presenter….Note; that is the Fake once…

15. @Barthadavid says:

OMG…some of you people really need to go back to school. Spelling is atrocious and you grammar is ridiculously ignorant. Adams and Pearl, you guy are really Fake….No beef.

16. mina says:

at first read i thought ppl were hating for no reason, but after watching this i understood. it came off fake and trying to be american too much. where is te african element, except for the music? where is the nigerian accent, where is culture and "africanness?" well they better audition presenters and replace this two, cuz they are not working at all.

17. they are so irritating! and what kind of top 10 is that? there are more better tracks to be on top.

18. Fuji says:

were is Ghost Mode Phyno and Olamide …you carry nonsense videos line up here

19. MrUnkpe says:

Notin Like Top Ten Nigeria, Called This Paid Vds On Soundcity Tv,All D Artist's Paid Money B4 They Put Their Vds To The List….Lobatan

20. Afoo says:

Fake peps now that NJO come up with sound City top f**k 10 you we soon go to top CNN top 50 lol dis guyz need to go back to school gush…..

21. samziluv says:

Naija is ar d best in d world

22. Macaulay Rume Dante says:

I really can say much am just praying you guys try better… but thumbs up it ain't easy.

23. NAIJA EVA STRONG SHOUTOUT 2 ALL DZ DUDEZ.

24. Hazzan says: