VIDEO: OverDose – You Know It

Post by Ovie O, March 18th, 2013

“Guess who is back? It’s none other than Overdose! The versatile artist has been in the studio working primarily on two projects- his next album and the BANS album featuring him, Terry Tha Rapman and Pherowshuz. During his calculated hiatus, Overdose has been experimenting on a new sound. After arriving at a style that compliments his rap background and pop aspirations, OD is proud to release his first new single- ‘You Know It’. The song is a chilled and relaxed song with a dance vibe. ‘You Know It’ was produced by new comer Low Keyz who produced ‘Sexy Lady (Koba!) by Terry Tha Rapman, OD & Pherowshuz featuring Dammy Krane.

Overdose is also simultaneously releasing the video for his new single. The colorful video was shot by Mo’ Film Works. Expect more songs from Overdose. Right now he is working extensively on the BANS project. Expect a new song from the project within the next few days.”

Overdose Artwork

AUDIO: You Know It [DOWNLOAD]

Directed by Mo’ Film Works

Produced by Low Keyz.

YouTube Preview Image

19 Responses to “VIDEO: OverDose – You Know It”

1. okikpo says:

There's no denying am a fan of O.D. However, he very much UNDER delivered on this one. This song is bereft of lyrics however mundane. Beat is nice but wasted. 4/10

2. daddyjayboss says:

is this the song or the instrumentals?

• @activ8ed says:

For those saying he wasted the beat, you are not serious? I can count alot of songs that didnt have anything in them. One good example is "head shoulders knees and toes" by K.I.G or even "Duck Sauce – Barbra Streisand" or what did KAS sing in "FI MI LE". just say the song is not the NAIJA STYLE, dont say its shit.

3. na me talk am says:

This dude just wasted my time and I'm so shock with this effort. This bro was hard and kept the rap industry on point like mode 9 but I understand that he needs money and can switch but switching with this, NA BIG LIE. Repeating lyrics from the start to the end, can't differentiate the hook from the verse. Guy, go back to rap and look for a 9/5 job as a back up plan. Ask mode9 how him dey cope. my advice.

• kenneth says:

If his rap song is played in the club, would you dance??
      Would you pay money to watch him perform on stage, or would you rather watch a wizkid/dbanj??

YOu guys complain when Hardcore rappers switch up to get a slice of the bread, yet you flock after the main stream artists!!

When MI switched it up in his 2nd album, una scream sellout, but atleast he is able to put a roof over his head….live a life that is commensurate with his hardwork..

As far as i'm concerned, Hiphop artists can switch it up to mainstream music as far as they can still give us a mixtape where they can be they real self….

4. burnawife says:

overdose … expected somefin … is dis beats or wat ? …… no lyrics ……wasted beat

5. kenneth says:

Guys!!! The boi is trying to step into the lucrative dance/trance/Afropop mashup goldmine…..

If this is played in the club, the effect would be utter chaos….

6. First Kill Ur Fada.. says:

Woow O.D now looks very Tin nd I ain't surprise cos its so awkward to waste such a wonderful and hit bangin beat wit no lyrics in it…….You're an hard core rapper nd not some techno singer on an electronic beat…..

7. babaniyen says:

Oya OverDose or wetin you call yourself, You haf sing for d girl dem finish and we know it. We now need you to sing an actual song for the rest of us.

8. Chris Knify says:

u so foolish n u lack creativ musical intuition u jus wasted your time singin mumu song wey no mk senz coz u wana do commercial music but u lack it go kiz goat anuz.

• Tjay Nónii says:

LOL ARE YOU A FOOL? HOW IS THIS COMMERCIAL? THIS IS NOT COMMERCIAL IN NAIJA. HE IS DOING SOMETHING DIFFERENT

9. I'm Fly says:

The beat is nice but u waste am..

10. Tjay Nónii says:

This one na song for oyibo..They will absolutely love this. but yh, its a good dance song. I like it.

11. Tjay Nónii says:

For those saying he wasted the beat, you are not serious? I can count alot of songs that didn't have anything in them. One good example is "head shoulders knees and toes" by K.I.G or even "Duck Sauce – Barbra Streisand" or what did KAS sing in "FI MI LE". just say the song is not the NAIJA STYLE, don't say its shit.

12. friv 5 says:

It’s really a nice and helpful piece of information. I’m satisfied that you shared this useful info with us. Please keep us up to date like this. Thank you for sharing.

13. yepi says:

Great weblog here! Also your site lots up very fast! What web host are you the use of? Can I get your affiliate link on your host? I want my web site loaded up as fast as yours lol

14. Sim says:

OD….really??? WHY man?
    Good club stuff sha.

15. Anne says:

Love this song !!!! "You Know It’. This song is pretty good with a dance vibe.