Boogey ft Morell – One Ticket (Prod by Kid Konnect)

Post by Ovie O, February 24th, 2013

“After a 2012 campaign that saw him drop classic verse after classic verse on numerous hip hop projects, among them hip hop icon Modenine’s “Occupy the Throne” mixtape, Terry Tha Rapman’s “World Domination” mixtape and MI’s star-studded “Illegal Music 2”—and delivering arguably the verse of the year (on “Ridiculous”, off “Illegal Music 2”)—there’s no denying Boogey’s status as one of, if not the, best MCs on the Nigerian hip hop scene. For those doubting Thomases still among us, a listen to his new single, “One Ticket”, should be sufficient to alter your misguided opinions, with immediate alacrity.

On “One Ticket”, Boogey displays his trademark lyrical dexterity, inviting listeners to “take a walk in my cerebellum and get lost/In a labyrinth/passages/complex thoughts” as he traces his evolution from his past introduction to hip hop, assesses its present state, andenvisions a future “signed to a label and getting nominated/among all of the best in the continent/dominating/your radio station/heavy rotation/many are waiting/for me to fall/I be telling em haters/to watch a nigga get on”.

Driven by piercing (punch)lines and witty asides sprinkled with pop culture references (“everybody wanna show us that they Mike Jack bad/but we ain’t hearing you, your mic jack bad”), “One Ticket” is a hip hop purist’s dream. However, the eerily futuristic production masterfully supplied by Kid Konnect, and complemented by an irresistibly haunting hook from Morell, combine with Boogey’snimble flow to deliver an accessible, radio-friendly, suitable for all listeners, yet which remains authentically hip hop.

“One Ticket”, is Boogey’s debut single under his new label, AbOriginal Music, the label behind the monster hits “Omote” (by acoustic rock singer Ese Peters), and “Olodo” (by rapper/producer Eclipse). It is also the official lead single from his forthcoming EP, “Something About David”, scheduled for an April release.

Boogey – an AbOriginal production.”

boogey 2fab

Produced by Kid Konnect

DOWNLOAD

18 Responses to “Boogey ft Morell – One Ticket (Prod by Kid Konnect)”

1. Omooba001 says:

Anoda First…lolxx

2. […] “Ridiculous”, off “Illegal Music 2”)—there’s no denying […] READ FULL ARTICLE ON AUTHOR WEBSITE Author: Ovie […]

3. […] Read compete article from content source: Boogey ft Morell – One Ticket (Prod by Kid Konnect) […]

4. Hater says:

boogey will never blow tho

5. TeamBoogey says:

To the appropriately named "Hater", this Boogey quote's for you "getting nominated/among all of the best in the continent/dominating/your radio station/heavy rotation/many are waiting/for me to fall/I be telling em haters/to watch a nigga get on”

6. obidrag says:

Hip Hop Heads, come out and play!

7. Danny L says:

Boogey is the Truth.

8. YoungG says:

This song is unique and dope!!!

9. hater says:

this to TeamBoogey : do hard rappers really get paid in nigeria? abeg ask Modenine for an answer!

10. weez says:

nice .creative.and intelligent .

11. this Nigga is too bad…am his number one fan…but Nigeria no sabi this level…very sad.

12. GreenZ says:

BOOOGEY for life !!!! I dont get it when folks get comfortable 'flourishing' in low-mindedness.
    BOOGEY obviously isn't for an average nigerian audience but OMG, dude is getting it on, trust me I am beginning to be a die-hard fan. wish someone could play this to Kendrick L

13. trust me this guy will go far n well….the word.

14. @ hater u dey vex for boogey lol.

15. paulmirabilis says:

This guy is good and unique.best wishes bruv

16. Godsluv22 says:

Man this guy Boogey is the TRUTH…….I WISH NIGERIA WOULD SEE THIS GUY FOR HIS ILL LYRICS……I wish this guy the best……THIS IS HIP HOP DONE RIGHT…

17. The next time I read a weblog, I hope that it doesnt disappoint me as a lot as this 1. I mean, I know it was my choice to read, but I really thought youd have something interesting to say. All I hear is actually a bunch of whining about something which you could fix in the event you werent too busy seeking for attention.

michael kors bags sale online