PREMIERE: Darey ft. Jozi & Ice Prince – Asiko

Post by Ovie O, May 9th, 2012

Darey’s back! Read the write-up below then listen to the track.

“One year after releasing his double album “Double Dare” King of R&B Darey Art Alade has released a smashing new cut – the first single from his forthcoming fifth album.

Titled ‘Asiko’, Darey’s new single is diverse in style, exciting in vocal delivery and generally super confident in theme. And the music giant recruits beloved South African group Jozi and acclaimed rapper Ice Prince, to deliver a material that’ll please fans across Africa and beyond.

Darey, a multiple award-winning singer-songwriter, regarded as king and pathfinder for the R&B genre in Africa, says “Asiko is Way ahead of my time; it is something fresh and futuristic”.

“I am never scared of stretching my imagination. Africa is the future, and the world will know that through our music”.

The new work, he says, is “a product of an unquenchable desire to make good music even better; and make happy fans even happier”

Produced by Chocolate City’s Jesse Jagz and the Soul Muzik team, Asiko blends Pop, indigenous sounds and rap music to create a collaboration that’ll break music barriers and open a new vista in African music.

“Working with Jesse Jagz, Jozi and Ice Prince was really nice, I love the fact that we come from different music backgrounds. They have this flavor that’s good for the kind of music we wanted to make, and they loved the idea, the music. It was fun all the way…”

After the release of his last single “Sisi Eko” (remix, featuring Flavor) in July 2011, Darey took a brief time out to handle a couple of high profile gigs – hosting popular TV musical reality show, Glo Naija Sings, Gulder Ultimate Search and Amstel Malta Showtime to name a few. Then he followed up with the signing of his protégé Mo Eazy, as well as putting together machinery to drive his label Soul Muzik to the top.

Darey’s pedigree as a creator of good music and his professionalism makes him one of the few contemporary Nigerian artistes recognized and respected globally. He released his first UK single “The way you are remix” featuring Chamillionaire on June 19, 2011 to commercial and critical acclaim; topping the Billboard Next Big Sound.”

PRODUCTION CREDITS

Song Title: Asiko

Vocals: Darey, Jozi(Ish, Da Les), Ice Prince

Production: Jesse Jagz, Soul Team

Mix:  The Soul Muzik Team

Master: Selah Abrams

DOWNLOAD

49 Responses to “PREMIERE: Darey ft. Jozi & Ice Prince – Asiko”

1. Tony Villa says:

yaay..ist person..nice one.

2. yaay..ist person..nice one.

3. nice song love this song by soul muzik……….

4. nice song love this song by soul muzik……….

5. It is nice music is n't a child play.

6. It is nice music is n't a child play.

7. Beautiful Song….but its 2 b expected anyways….d Artist is Exceptional….

8. Beautiful Song….but its 2 b expected anyways….d Artist is Exceptional….

9. Nice 1 dare, big ups 2 jesse great production

Iceprince's Verse is just tha sh! t… Mad tune

15. Dami Olisa says:

Jozi's verse is so sick.

16. Dami Olisa says:

Jozi's verse is so sick.

17. Ogundare Ropo Erbz says:

18. Ice Prince's part is dope yeah…was expectin Darey to drop some lines wit dt afro tone…nice work tho'.

19. Fawaz Ola says:

nice one man……asikooooooooooo.

20. nice one man……asikooooooooooo.

21. Ice Prince Zamani. nice flow bruf.

22. Ice Prince Zamani. nice flow bruf.

23. you guys might want to check this viral video out Darey ft Twhy the way you are its luvly http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUZTlOtwJuo.

24. you guys might want to check this viral video out Darey ft Twhy the way you are its luvly http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUZTlOtwJuo.

25. Youngmunir Futa says:

26. so cool jesse jagz, and all d crew that made this song u all god bless zamani nice rapp.

27. Olusesi Weloveyou says:

Hi peeps, my name is Olusesi and I'm not just another naija artiste on the come-up. I don't mean to blow my own trumpet but I know I can do what your favorite artistes are doing. Pls just check out my song on the link below, listen, download and spread the name "Olusesi". I can be reached on facebook. cheers!

28. Olusesi Weloveyou says:

29. I am carried away by the hit I just wish am this one well I no mind d remix.

30. I am carried away by the hit I just wish am this one well I no mind d remix.

31. Kenneth Mackson says:

32. 9ice 1 darey buh much shout out 2 my very own Mo Eazy 4 d hook its an outstandin artist, anytime anyday singer and a Rapper..much Respect Bro.

33. GOD bless u DARE, u always impress me GBAM!

34. GOD bless u DARE, u always impress me GBAM!

35. Izeek Ceo says:

Dare's 'LET YOU KNOW' ft pheel is still my his all time best for me. This is also a nice tune, but am just not feeling it.

36. Izeek Ceo says:

37. Yemi 'simba' Oketunji says:

Great song

38. Emeka Okafor says:

TIGHT!

39. Emeka Okafor says:

TIGHT!

40. He is one of d guys I call musicians rare nd unique expecting d full album can't wait to hv one.

41. He is one of d guys I call musicians rare nd unique expecting d full album can't wait to hv one.

42. Soki Briggs says:

Awesome Track. this one is definitely going on my playlist..
    I Used to "NOT Like" Darey and his americana ways sha..