DOWNLOAD: M.I Abaga – Illegal Music 2 (The Mixtape)

Post by Ovie O, April 11th, 2012

The wait is over! Illegal Music 2 is finally here… finally!

I know we all use the phrase “the most anticipated” quite loosely, but in this case, that cliche line is absolutely spot-on. Music fans have been expecting the release of M.I’s mixtape since last year, but for one reason or the other, it never dropped… till now.

#IM2 is an 18-track compilation of semi-original songs (hence the name “illegal”). Featured acts include X.O Senavoe, Phenom, Yemi Alade, Efa, 5Mics, SDC, Pope, Shaydee, Ruby, Boogey, Hench, Yung6ix, Loose Kaynon, Ice Prince, Pryse, Maytronomy, Funbi, Makiller and South African superstar HHP. From the list, you can tell that M.I is using this mixtape to “put on” several talented up & coming acts, and they all brought their A game.

It’s always a tough ask to follow up a #Classic body of work with another one, so hats off to Mr Abaga for putting out a solid mixtape. Feel free to download the whole mixtape as a zipped folder (if you’re using a computer) or download the individual tracks if your internet is slow (or you’re using a mobile device). Spread the word!

Production credits go to Jude Abaga, Kid Konnect and Studio Magic.

DOWNLOAD (ZIPPED FOLDER)

14. RIDICULOUS ft Hench & Boogey

15. PAIN ft Pope & ShayDee

16. LOVING ME

17. HEART OF THE CITY ft Show Dem Camp & Ruby {DOWNLOAD}

18. FLOWER ft Ruby

DOWNLOAD (ZIPPED FOLDER)

90 Responses to “DOWNLOAD: M.I Abaga – Illegal Music 2 (The Mixtape)”

1. Iam De Magnus says:

Kindly vote Magnus best artist kharkov awards 2012 http://on.fb.me/HwaxMi PLEASE AND SHARE.

2. Iam De Magnus says:

3. It took me an hour but I finally downloaded IM2.

4. It took me an hour but I finally downloaded IM2.

5. Em Emm says:

wow.. we all know that this doesn't compare to illegal music one but its the bomb.. M.I well done.. the track 10 makes me laugh and reminds me of eminem in late 90s and early 2000 .. delivery on point and all the features did their part well

6. Em Emm says:

7. Ceo Bans says:

DOPE!

8. Ceo Bans says:

DOPE!

9. Export is so dope! Love it die.

10. Export is so dope! Love it die.

11. Tjay Nónii says:

YUNGSIX killed it.

12. Tjay Nónii says:

YUNGSIX killed it.

13. Tony Villa says:

Bros M.i you are a living legend, I respect you die..one love.

14. Bros M.i you are a living legend, I respect you die..one love.

15. Why can't we get d mp3 version.

16. Why can't we get d mp3 version.

17. @onZaxis says:

the only thing I can say about the mixtape is: great production.

18. MI is in my top 6 best rappers in the world, forget Africa, the world. In no particular order Eminem Nas T.I Ludacris M.I Rick Ross….nuff said!

• Curtis Inosendyou CirocBoi says:

Learn to Know what Rap is…

• so tur,m.i is dope…top ten in the world…take it,dont leave it

• Michael Ireroa Yes Rick Ross…Rap is delivery, success and quality production. The days of lyrics are long gone, Eminem would not be who he is with good lyrics on bad beats. So yes Ross. Perfect package! Jay-Z is the world lyricist out of Nas Pac biggie and Em but is still number one in the game. So what is your argument based on?

• Are you kidding? Rick Ross never has any message whatsoever… basically like the majority of mainstream rap today (See: Lil Wayne, Soulja Boy). All he talks about are cars and money and drugs which are all stereotypical things rappers have said before. He bring no new flow to the table, and has no diversity whatsoever! (PS: You know he stole his identity from a drug cartel which makes him very fake). Not to add that his flow is just plain lazy and weak.
      I agree, however, that production is piece of the puzzle, but to just toss out lyricism? I beg to differ… and so do majority of people that would agree that someone like J. Cole or Kanye West is better than Rick Ross. (The beats that they produce themselves, btw, tend to be much better than Mr. Rozay's.)

• Sorry dude….Rick Ross works…whatever it is my guy…..swag flow crappy lyrics mainstream downstream no one cares cause it works….i personally prefer J.cole to Jigga but that is me personally, but hey I really can't stand Jay-Z…lmao. I feel power when I hear Ross not the word "Ross" his music so whether he rapped about cars or canned baby food or stole his name from a Nigerian area boy it sounds toooo fresh!!!!

• Haha! That's your argument? It just works? Crappy lyricism and no real topics work? That's why music is so bad these days because many people are willing to accept downgraded standards. I actually prefer to dig through all the garbage in popular music today to find the real gold. It's still there if you want to find it.

• It works my nigga it works…..

• really m.i is the best raper in africa

19. MI is in my top 6 best rappers in the world, forget Africa, the world. In no particular order Eminem Nas T.I Ludacris M.I Rick Ross….nuff said!

• Curtis Inosendyou CirocBoi says:

Learn to Know what Rap is…

• so tur,m.i is dope…top ten in the world…take it,dont leave it

• It works my nigga it works…..

• really m.i is the best raper in africa

20. Obi Diamond says:

Check this out friend…..Dope!

21. Obi Diamond says:

Check this out friend…..Dope!

22. Obi Diamond says:

Dope!

23. Obi Diamond says:

Dope!

24. Obisanya Ibikunle Temitope says:

suya pepper, ko ta lenu……..lik d boom bah, or d fresh prince back in d days, rollin in d 90s was d dopest.

25. Obisanya Ibikunle Temitope says:

26. MI is jst very Ǧ☺☺ϑ…bt I thnk he jst resist d temptation of dat N word…brothers rili find dat offensive…big ups to XO…

27. MI is jst very Ǧ☺☺ϑ…bt I thnk he jst resist d temptation of dat N word…brothers rili find dat offensive…big ups to XO…

28. Yo check out my review of Illegal Music 2 here—> http://bit.ly/Iy7sLJ.

29. Yo check out my review of Illegal Music 2 here—> http://bit.ly/Iy7sLJ.

30. Frukta Gud says:

M.I you are a true legend even when all hope is lost! True FAN from Morenci, AZ. Kudos to all other artist on this hit " Hotter than Arizona SUN".

31. Frukta Gud says:

32. G.I.K

hey its a really nice mixtape… love all the tracks on it.
    with all d samples just expected u to bring it home a bit with a felas sample or sir shina peters or somfng.

33. G.I.K

hey its a really nice mixtape… love all the tracks on it.

34. M.I you good die..If you're a rap head then you'll definitely give ILLEGAL MUSIC 2 a thumbs up…Too much punchlines by M.I and featured MCs..Bravo.

35. M.I you good die..If you're a rap head then you'll definitely give ILLEGAL MUSIC 2 a thumbs up…Too much punchlines by M.I and featured MCs..Bravo.

36. Dat track 10 is way off the hook….MI is naija's best..#**End of story***#.

37. Dat track 10 is way off the hook….MI is naija's best..#**End of story***#.

38. mbaeme Tico says:

Am crazy wit MI’s songs nd i liked beg 4 it, loving me, fuck u, star nd heart of d city most. Thumbs up to u MI. I consider u africa’s numba 1 nd lyk numba 4 in d whole world; though u gotta watch out 4 Sarkodie coz dat guy is sometin else bt i know u still lead d game.

39. M is the man..next is x.o, give it up for yung 6ix, phenom is d fucking virus, show dem cam showed they can….if you ain't cool wit this mixtape…on behalf of me and all the lovers….fuck u…track 10.

40. M is the man..next is x.o, give it up for yung 6ix, phenom is d fucking virus, show dem cam showed they can….if you ain't cool wit this mixtape…on behalf of me and all the lovers….fuck u…track 10.

41. Flyguy says:

Dis album waz dah bomb,i felt it like mad…his punchlines jux keeps gettin tighter…THUMBS UP BRO

42. Ekanem says:

Illegal music 2 was the shit… M n the whole feats went hard on each track,true hiphop couldn’t have been served any better!!!

43. Boss of africa rappers, u connectd lik internet brower.

44. Boss of africa rappers, u connectd lik internet brower.

45. MUCTARR CONTEH says:

I REALLY LIKE THIS ALBUM ALTHOUGH AM A SIERRA LEONEAN RAPPER THANKS

46. Desmond says:

I adore this album and its a plus to the living legend

47. m.i nothing short of the best.

48. chpn55jako says:

Thats for the love of 'J', Lets build on this foundation.

49. M.I gave us the work on this album waiting and waiting for the encore, encore please

50. tochi says:

i had expect to listen to d rest of ur albulm even as a fan.bt they are nt in d market ?

51. extremely Nigerian says: